FORUMS: list search recent posts

VP 12 suddenly crashing on launch - Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005) related to compoundplug.dll

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lori Lin
VP 12 suddenly crashing on launch - Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005) related to compoundplug.dll
on Jan 26, 2017 at 9:54:06 pm

Hi all,

Suddenly VP 12 (build 770) is crashing on opening projects. Not all of them, just the one I've been working on for weeks and that has to be finished in a couple of days. It seems to not like any projects that have lots of clips in them. It will crash a bunch of times, and then mysteriously open. Simple projects seem to open OK.

This is the error message:
Problem Description
Application Name: Vegas Pro
Application Version: Version 12.0 (Build 770) 64-bit
Problem:
Fault Module: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 12.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\compoundplug\compoundplug.dll
Fault Address: 0x00000000471C99D5
Fault Offset: 0x00000000002699D5

My system is Windows 10 professional, all updated. Vegas was working fine until a few days ago. I've Googled till I'm blue in the fingers but can't find anyone having this particular problem.

Any ideas where I should start troubleshooting? Let me know if you need more info.
Cheers,
Lori

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: VP 12 suddenly crashing on launch - Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005) related to compoundplug.dll
on Jan 27, 2017 at 5:49:40 am

What Media type are you using (Codec and file format (.MTS, .MOV, .MXF))

What project settings are you trying to open?

Do you have any special audio or video hardware, or are you using only system board audio hardware and a standard GPU?

I am not saying your issue is exactly the same as the one I experienced, but I would try the following.

• Make sure Vegas is up to the last build they offered for V12.
  • Make sure all Windows updates are pushed, and the .NET updates.
  • Make sure your Audio and GPU drivers are the latest.
  • Try installing the Trial of VP14 and seeing if that works better.
  • Verify system memory with Memtest86+, run through a complete test sequence. There should be no errors.
  • If you are using special external audio hardware, try removing it and seeing if Vegas starts. Try this for other extra hardware you may have slotted in your motherboard. Then replace them one by one until you find the problem.

Working one day and then not the next is how things break. It makes me think that either an update change happened, or hardware failed in that time.

I had a bad audio card once that refused to work in vegas, but worked in Windows. I also had another instance where one bad memory DIMM was causing issue with Vegas crashing, but somehow Windows was working around it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]