FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why am I getting a

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Lee
Why am I getting a
on Jan 18, 2017 at 3:05:37 am

Running Vegas 14 on a brand new, fast PC. Has been working great. But last night, I was working with a project like I always do - assortment of video clips, .png file pics that are combined into one highlight film project.

For some reason, Vegas kept crashing every minute or so when I was barely lifting anything. I would get this message: Vegas unmanaged exception (0xc0000005). After googling it, I went to Options > Preferences > Video > GPU acceleration of video processing, and turned it off. That did the trick.

This project wasn't anything different than I've done over the years, and I've never had Vegas crash like this (either before or since I've had Vegas 14). Is this normal? Should I be concerned? What causes this type of error, and should I expect to see it going forward?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Why am I getting a
on Jan 18, 2017 at 3:12:44 am

That's a video card issue. And probably it was recently automatically updated.... Is that an NVIDIA card?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

John Lee
on Jan 18, 2017 at 3:23:56 am

Yes, it's a brand new PC with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 graphics card.

What do I need to do? Do I need to get updated drivers? Does it mean Vegas 14 can't work with this card?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Jan 18, 2017 at 7:46:47 pm

That GTX1050 shows at 150.00 on Newegg. The Rx480 is 214.00, I would swap that card out, after uninstalling the NV drivers.

• NV GTX 1050 = 1700 GFLOPs and apparently poor OpenCL support
  • AMD RX480 =5800 GFLOPS and good OpenCL support. Its literally 2x the card for $50 more.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]