FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone else experiencing reduced preview quality on new release?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Francis
Anyone else experiencing reduced preview quality on new release?
on Jan 16, 2017 at 4:46:32 pm

Hey All,

Wondering if anyone else has had diminished FPS since updating to the new build?

I am doing a new edit as well as updating some older ones and on projects that I used to get full 29.97 FPS preview on Best Full, now is down into the 25 FPS range. It's REALLY a pain!!!

I am using PRO RES MOV files from an Atomos Ninja 2 and MP4 from Canon XA25's, these are the exact formats and settings that I have used for over 3 years on the same system as the past, and just now I am getting reduced FPS.

Hoping it isn't just me...

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Anyone else experiencing reduced preview quality on new release?
on Jan 16, 2017 at 6:09:25 pm

I would try creating a test project, and convert some your footage over to cineform-medium or better, or XAVC-intra, or HDCAM-SR-lite (HD only). That way you can start to determine if the issue is with the codecs or the release itself.

Obviously make sure all your BIOS, system drivers, and .NET windows updates are applied. Also make sure there are no pending windows update waiting on a restart, this can sometimes place a machine is strange state.

Check temps on system overall during repeat playback, as an older system may have clogged heat sinks that could be hitting thermal regulation.

Just some thoughts.

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Jan 16, 2017 at 10:44:53 pm

Thanks for your help Aaron!

I always keep my system clean and updated.
I am using a 12 core, dual CPU Mac Pro with Windows 7 Ultimate in Bootcamp. I have 32gb ram and a Sapphire 7950 card using 3 outputs all 1080p. System drives are SSD drives ( Mac OS on one Windows the other) with separate internal drives for data, render and storage as well.
Was working smoothly in the same environment prior to updates.
Not sure how to convert and test, but honestly I am working with 400GB of file data and really don't wish to try to convert and do testing and waste a work day or more.
Any other suggestion?

Xavier (Scott) Francis

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Jan 17, 2017 at 4:25:10 am

Not saying convert all your footage. I am saying create a new project file, and convert a minute or two of each footage type to cineform or XAVC-intra. Then create the a sample edit that mimics the area where it drops frame rate. This will rule out codecs as the problem.

Also is smart resample disabled on the footage in the timeline?

Is all your media conforming to your project settings?

Return to posts index

Scott Francis
on Jan 17, 2017 at 12:07:12 pm

Aaron,
I always turn off resampling.
4 tracks of video, one 1080i the rest 1080p, project setting 1080i, as they have been for like 20 projects I have used in Vegas 13 and 14 with full FPS with preview set at Best/Full

Thanks, maybe when I have a spare hour in the next week or two, I will try a test.

Xavier (Scott) Francis

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jan 16, 2017 at 10:50:18 pm

No, not seeing any reduced preview/playback quality on the new release as you described!

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Jan 17, 2017 at 6:15:50 am

Is there a new build beyond 211?
I'm on build 211, and didn't notice performance drop since the previous release.
I'm not using any prores stuff though, only avc footages and lagarith avis.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]