FORUMS: list search recent posts

Crashes During Rendering

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Allen
Crashes During Rendering
on Jan 12, 2017 at 6:04:47 pm

Vegas Pro 13: My original material was AVCHD. The timeline is 30 minutes. When I try to render as MainConcept MPEG-2 (1080-60i), my HP-Z230 running Windows-7 Professional with Intel Core i7-4790@3.60 GHz and 16 GB RAM crashes anywhere from 11 to 21 minutes in. My intent is to end up with a high definition video on a flash drive.

Is there a better output format I should use.

Also, for future projects, should I convert all my AVCHD source material to a different format before editing? What will Vegas Pro handle easiest while preserving as much of the original quality as possible?

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Crashes During Rendering
on Jan 12, 2017 at 7:12:28 pm

For best results, render using the same properties as your timeline project settings. So if your timeline is set to 1920 x 1080, then so should be render template. In your case, I don't think your render template, MainConcept MPEG-2 1080-60i matches your timeline setting. Your media, if I'm right, is 1080p. Use a render template that's 1080p for best results.

I never render to Mpeg 2 unless I'm doing a standard DVD, and then it is to 720 x 480 ..

Try turning off GPU if you are crashing. Lots of folks report that this has worked.

Is this render for the 30 min sections of your Multicam edit? If so, you should be using a lossless format like MXF so the sections can then be combined for the final render. Again, render the MXF to the same spec as your project properties setting.

Also .... Is it all the same media? Is there some other media in the timeline (something that came from a different source) that could be causing the problem? I've often found that a single piece of bad media is the cause of render problems.

Return to posts index

Mark Allen
on Jan 12, 2017 at 9:05:20 pm

Paul, my original material is 1080-60p, but I cannot find either that option or MXF in the menu.

The only other media I use is a GIF for the opening slate.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Jan 12, 2017 at 9:31:41 pm

Make sure you have Show Favorites unchecked in the Render Template list. In the full list, it's under Sony MXF .. You should be seeing it.

Maybe someone more expert than I can explain what the best MXF template would be in your case. I often use the HD EX 1280 x 720 - 30p MXF template and then render the final in 720p MP4 for YouTube.

What's your final output going to be? DVD ?

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Jan 12, 2017 at 9:34:24 pm

Sorry. Forgot the image.

Return to posts index

Mark Allen
on Jan 12, 2017 at 10:13:24 pm

My final output is expected to be full high definition to flash drives and BluRay discs. Standard DVD is in my past.

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Jan 13, 2017 at 12:02:28 am

Try rendering in just a MP4 1080P template?

Usually when my rendering fails the only solution for me was to render it out a different format

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]