FORUMS: list search recent posts

Serious Problems With Vegas 14

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jackie Luffy
Serious Problems With Vegas 14
on Jan 10, 2017 at 6:08:04 pm
Last Edited By Jackie Luffy on Jan 10, 2017 at 6:10:48 pm

I am completely lost as to what is happening with 14, I am getting "system low on memory" pop up as soon as a considerable amount of video gets imported into the project, 13 does not do this, also I seem to have lost the ability to simply just import media as everytime I go "file, import media" absoluteley nothing comes up, no folders no nothing.

I even got the blue screen of death a few times already just trying to get the program going, I want to just go back to 13 but I can't even seem to be able to just simply drag and drop my project file clips from 14 to 13 as it doesn't allow me to do it. I'm lost can someone please let me know what I can do? Thank you

Also thought I'd mention that simply RIGHT CLICKING on a clip on the timeline just does not work either!? That is ridiculous, just to make sure it's not my mouse I opened 13 again and for sure the right click works! This is a seriously messed up program

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Serious Problems With Vegas 14
on Jan 11, 2017 at 5:47:56 am

Yes. It would seem like a messed up program, but you said you are getting blue screens? BOSDs are straight up hardware and driver failures. Try and find out what the BSOD says, this can help track down the offending hardware.

Recommend making sure your hardware is up to minimum specs, not over clocked/stable, memory error free, and not overheating before calling blame on Vegas.

• Make sure your drivers for each device is up to the latest version, as well as the system BIOS.
  • Make sure to fully update your windows along with any .NET updates.
  • Make sure you are running the latest build of your Vegas version.
  • Make sure you are not working with .MOV media from a phone. If you are, re-wrap the media using FFMPEG to .mp4, .avi, or .mxf.
  • Uninstall any AV/security suites that maybe causing direct hardware access issues. Use windows defender that comes with windows, then scan periodically with Malware bytes as a verification.
  • Use Memtest86+ from a boot disk and complete a full 10 pass memory scan with no Errors.
  • Run SFC /scannow from an admin command prompt, and verify that your system requires no windows system file repairs.
  • Verify DPC latency on your system with DPC Latency checker, you should see a flat line in the green or yellow. Spikes in red are bad driver and hardware.

List your system specs and media info so the community can help you better.

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Jan 12, 2017 at 5:47:34 am

Thank you for your help but I just decided to put my timeline project back onto my older version of Vegas 13 as I have been using 13 for years without fail or problems, I know for a fact the reason I'm having trouble has something to do with how MAGIX has changed the program obviously so I'll just use 13 for now thank you for your help :)

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Jan 12, 2017 at 7:53:05 am

They obviously changed the program, at least fixed few problems that made V13 almost unusable for me.
So for me V14 got much better. A cure for the one, might be a disaster for the other?
Anyway, I would like to ask you, to be so kind contact MAGIX, and describe them your problems.
I know, Vegas is not free of bugs. If you find one which is so easily reproducible, they will be able to fix it.
The same problem you encountered may hit someone other next time...

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Jan 12, 2017 at 11:58:23 pm

Thank you and yes I will be sure to do that!

I will keep that in mind and once i'm ready to upgrade I will have an open mind when getting the latest version, perhaps I'll do a system restore from scratch and start with the new vegas on a fresh PC, maybe that will work out better next time

Return to posts index

Guillaume Jeffrey
on Jan 14, 2017 at 11:39:29 pm

Which Vegas 14 built are you using? Is it b211? First V14 built were well known for having the memory leak you describe.

What kind of footage are you using?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]