FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas 14 Cannot Open Project Get Message "Windows Out Of Memory"

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jackie Luffy
Sony Vegas 14 Cannot Open Project Get Message "Windows Out Of Memory"
on Jan 9, 2017 at 8:32:42 pm

I have a really bad problem, I have a Vegas 13 Project file, it is pretty big (Around 8 megs) and all I want to do is open it with Vegas 14 so I can make it a 14 file instead of a 13 file, for some reason while the project is loading into 14 it will get around 27 percent opened and all of a sudden I get a windows message that says "Windows is running low on memory, please close the following programs to free up memory" and it lists literally the only program I have open which is Vegas 14...

I am perplexed because I double checked just to make sure to see if it was some kind of change in my computer but indeed I can still open this file just fine with Vegas 13 still, I get no low memory nonsense it is only when I open it with version 14..

I know this project file packs some serious content but still, why wouldn't I be able to open it in 14 when I can open it in 13? I tested out other 13 projects I had that weren't as big in size and they all opened 100% fine while opening them in vegas 14. I know it must have something to do with the size of the file, can someone suggest something please ? Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Sony Vegas 14 Cannot Open Project Get Message "Windows Out Of Memory"
on Jan 12, 2017 at 10:14:12 pm

Seems there is an issue with having both Vegas 13 and Vegas 14 installed together on the same system!

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Jan 12, 2017 at 11:20:05 pm

Over the years, I've had my share of computer problems. When they appeared, I'd be saying,
"Nothing has changed. Why doesn't this work? Damn software !! "

Mostly the answers come by narrowing the problem down. One thing is clear, something has changed, namely you are going from VP13 to VP14 and namely in VP14 (but not 13) the file is going low on Memory. But why? All VP14 fault. If VP14 was entirely at fault, I think we'd have heard much more about it on this forum from others. Personally, I've not seen the problem. Maybe it's the very large file size?

One answer is to stick with VP13. But if it was me, I'd reduce this .veg file into about five parts. That should not be hard to do in VP13. Load each part separately into VP14 to see which ones, if any .. (or all?) go low on memory. You should be able to get an idea of WHY VP14 does not like this .veg. No doubt it is some media within the file that VP14 does not like. Of course, it could be a major bug in VP14 so you should report it to Magix. Meanwhile, if you wish to use VP14 and not wait for that bug fix, you could try to work your way to answer. NARROW THE PROBLEM DOWN. What works. What doesn't.

I can't speak to any size limit for Vegas files but are you saying that the full .veg file is 8 megs?

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Jan 12, 2017 at 11:52:56 pm

Hmm interesting, and yes my project file size is 8 Megs total

I decided I am going to stick with Vegas 13 (the version below 545 that doesn't seem to be quite affected as much as 14 and 13 build 545 by MAGIX) just because I'm not liking the blue screen of deaths and having to hard reset my computer when it says low on memory and the entire computer crashes, it leave me with a very uneasy feeling that I might lose everything

But I think the problem may be in some old MTS files that I think were compressed about 6 or 7 years ago in either WinFF or another program I cannot recall and maybe that has something to do with the "low on memory" message

Thank you guys for your help and suggestions though :)

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
on Jan 12, 2017 at 11:55:50 pm

and Steve Rhoden, I think I might just stick with 13 for now and visit 14 later in the future when the time is right :)

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jan 13, 2017 at 6:41:04 am

Nothing wrong with that, cause i myself still use Vegas 13 on my main production
Windows 7 "work horse" system.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Jan 13, 2017 at 6:57:51 am

[Jackie Luffy] "But I think the problem may be in some old MTS files that I think"

There was a problem with .mts for me too. That was few builds before ☺
Read this thread: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/1013982#1014335

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Jan 13, 2017 at 7:18:13 am

[Steve Rhoden] "Seems there is an issue with having both Vegas 13 and Vegas 14 installed together on the same system!"

Hi Steve,
May that depend on the system itself?
I have Vegas 10 (both 32/64 bit versions), 13 (b545), 14 (b211 ) installed.
They don't seem to hurt each other at all (on Windows 7).
The most problemfree is Vegas 10, personally can't remember a glitch with it, but it totally lacks GPU support.
I just keep it installed "just in case", now I use V14 daily. It definitely has some issues, however with the GPU works still a whole lot faster than V10 ☺
V13 is just there, I'm too lazy to uninstall it right now, and who knows (?) I may need it in a special case...

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]