FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please! I have a serious problem with my vegas pro!

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robbie McGill
Please! I have a serious problem with my vegas pro!
on Jan 9, 2017 at 4:15:21 am

I just upgraded to vegas pro 14 this christmas, and straight away started editing my videos.
I have been editing this 3 minute video for about 14 hours in total now, I have put an impressive amount of effort into it and i'm really proud of my self too.

Until just before I finish editing the last clip in the timeline, I go back to the start to preview my video.
Everything was black except 2 or 3 clips/photos... The audio was completely untouched...
Luckily I saved everything right before it happened.

I have searched everywhere (I mean everywhere) for a solution to this. But everyone is giving me the same answer which doesn't work for me. I am seeing it work for other people but not me.

Is there any way I can revive this saved edit so I can render it without a black screen constantly, and finish my masterpiece?

I hope you all understand that I put an enormous amount of effort into this and am really ergently in need of a fix!

Thanks in advance -Rob

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: Please! I have a serious problem with my vegas pro!
on Jan 9, 2017 at 7:55:39 am

Hi,
Help us troubleshooting.
What kind footages did you use?
Project settings?
What's the answer, that you mention works for everyone but not for you?
Which build of Vegas14 did you try to work on?
Did you use some 3rd party effects (I mean Boris, Mercally etc...), or just sock builtin effects (like color correction/curves/blurs. etc...)?

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Erik Davis
on Jan 10, 2017 at 3:42:29 pm

I was thinking that you need to get out of Vegas 14 and back to Vegas 13 or even Vegas 12. Can you export a text edl from Vegas 14 and then import that into another version of Vegas? I realize that you have probably lots of effects, etc. but if you really need to reconstruct and finish maybe this could work for you.

Erik

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Jan 10, 2017 at 6:03:25 pm

[Erik Davis] "I was thinking that you need to get out of Vegas 14 and back to Vegas 13 or even Vegas 12."

Why?

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Erik Davis
on Jan 11, 2017 at 3:50:42 pm

Just simply a way to help troubleshoot the problem. Sometimes when I have unexplained weird things happen...I try to work in a different version of Vegas and many times it is a way to revive a problem project.

Erik

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Jan 11, 2017 at 4:07:16 pm

Hi,

Even if he had all those versions -which is not necessary true, for example I sold my Vegas 8 licence many years ago, and had only Vegas 10 for a long time and upgraded right to 13/14 recently. - Eve if he could switch back to 11,would not help much. V11 won't open V14 veg file, thus he'll lose edits...

The solution is to find the culprit that mucks V14 up.
We need more info to be able to help on this. System specs, project settings, applied FX's, footages mediainfo, etc...

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]