FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unfortunately, GH5 footage has problems in Vegas

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Carlton
Unfortunately, GH5 footage has problems in Vegas
on Jan 5, 2017 at 9:23:38 pm

I just downloaded GH5 footages from this site.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m5rrourqi6sp8a1/Neumann_Films_-_Panasonic_GH5...

I imported these footages into my Vegas. And the problems appear.
"24p Seattle Dolly", "30p Perpetua Dolly" and "30p Sunset Handheld" aren't imported correctly.
These footages' thumbnail are greenscreen(which seem to mean error) and preview is also.
"60p Snow Handheld" and "60p Waterfall Handheld" seem to be imported correctly, but it doesn't play correctly.

Does anyone has same problem?
Is that problem only for me? Or is that due to the Vegas?

I usually check my PC's codecs or some other settings to solve the import problem before posting.
But in this time I want you to check this problem out because Vegas also had problem when we import GH4 footages.(And it hasn't fixed yet!)

10925_ws000066.jpg.zip

I'm using Vegas 12 and 14.
Both of them doesn't work.

This is my first post, so when you find some mistakes, let me know.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: Unfortunately, GH5 footage has problems in Vegas
on Jan 6, 2017 at 8:40:08 am

Hi John

You probably can not open Panasonic GH5 4:2:2 10bit in Vegas Pro 14, Davinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere ...
It will be sorted at some time.
I have exportet to Avid Quicktime DNxHR with Adobe Media Encoder - so no problems in Vegas Pro 14 and Davinci Resolve

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jan 6, 2017 at 8:24:54 pm

[John Carlton] ""24p Seattle Dolly", "30p Perpetua Dolly" and "30p Sunset Handheld" aren't imported correctly. These footages' thumbnail are greenscreen(which seem to mean error) and preview is also. "60p Snow Handheld" and "60p Waterfall Handheld" seem to be imported correctly, but it doesn't play correctly."
I'm seeing the same thing in Vegas Pro 13.0. Just green for the 30p & 24p and stutters for the 60p (even in a 60p project).

I also imported them into Final Cut Pro X and all of them imported correctly. The 60p footage plays back smooth but the 30p and 24p footage stutters badly. If they are from the same camera, something is wrong with the way those files are written.

It looks like Vegas Pro needs to fix whatever is wrong with how they handle the 60p footage though because I had no problems with it in FCP X. I even applied the built-in Panasonic Log-V LUT and it looked great!

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Jan 6, 2017 at 8:48:17 pm

Hi John

"It looks like Vegas Pro needs to fix whatever is wrong with how they handle the 60p footage though because I had no problems with it in FCP X."

No problems here in Sony Vegas Pro 13 and Magix Vegas Pro 14 - Preview: Best (Full) fps 59,940p
on a Windows 10 PC !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]