FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Hardware/ Driver recommendations for audio output that sounds the same as in project

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin Moxey
Audio Hardware/ Driver recommendations for audio output that sounds the same as in project
on Jan 2, 2017 at 8:30:30 pm

Hi good people.

I have been everywhere on this forum looking for an answer to my problem regarding inconsistencies in the RENDERED sound quality I am ending up with.
I try to overcome this by rendering out all my audio WAV file and placing it back into my project, then rendering it to the ac3 format for DVD. Sometimes it works perfect, sometimes it just sounds as before, It is very hit and miss. Am I doing something wrong or is it a hardware issue?

My outputted audio does not sound the same as in my project, with some areas with really low volume (as recorded) even though I have adjusted volume on timeline.

I am using the built in audio with my Motherboard and I notice the driver is windows sound mapper with no other options to select.
Should I be using a dedicated sound card? if so, please recommend
also I notice mention in several posts of the ASIO driver.
Should I be using this driver bearing in mind that all I want is the sound to render out exactly as it does in my project.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Audio Hardware/ Driver recommendations for audio output that sounds the same as in project
on Jan 2, 2017 at 9:45:56 pm

See if this tip from another Vegas user helps. Save it as a preset in Vegas.

Dialog Norm at -31 (this sets it at unity gain)
RF and Line Mode DRC Off (WYHIWYG)
DC High Pass Filter On (this operates at <=3Hz and takes DC bias out of the mix)
Bandwidth Low Pass Filter On (this takes aliasing noise at >20kHz out of the encode, but it also lowered the rendered volume by -0.1dB in my tests)
90 Deg Phase Shift On (makes it easier for Pro Logic decoding on older equipment, Dolby says it is inaudible in 5.1 except in "very rare" cases)

Return to posts index

Colin Moxey
Re: Audio Hardware/ Driver recommendations for audio output that sounds the same as in project
on Jan 2, 2017 at 9:54:19 pm

Mike,

Thank you so much for this possible solution.
I will give it a try and post back the results.

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Jan 2, 2017 at 10:25:29 pm

You're welcome Colin. I've been using this preset for a long time so it does work :-)

Return to posts index

Colin Moxey
on Jan 23, 2017 at 1:49:15 pm

Mike Kujbida, Many, Many thanks my dear friend for all your help and advice.

This worked great, and I have created a preset, as you kindly suggested.
You have save me a lot of time and frustration.

Once again, thank you so much Mike.
You're a star.

Return to posts index

Colin Moxey
Re: Audio Hardware/ Driver recommendations for audio output that sounds the same as in project. RESOLVED
on Jan 23, 2017 at 1:51:48 pm

Thank you once again Mike

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Jan 24, 2017 at 12:28:21 pm

[Colin Moxey] "I am using the built in audio with my Motherboard and I notice the driver is windows sound mapper with no other options to select."

I edit using the on-board audio drivers BUT I use very good quality head phones to edit and monitor the audio. If I am editing a musical, I do have to vary the volume as follows: Select the event on the time line you want to adjust the audio for. Press V. A dark blue line appears. Double clicking on it creates a keyframe and by adding more than 1, you can drag the volume level up or down. You can use this technique to duck background audio for a music track whenever there is dialogue.

I also keep an overall eye on the master volume control to make sure the audio plays back at a similar level throughout the project.

My system specs: Intel i7 970, GTX570, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 12 (x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

Colin Moxey
on Feb 4, 2017 at 10:59:54 am

Nigel O'Neill,

Many thanks for this great bit of advice my friend.
I greatly appreciate it.
Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]