FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony vegas rendering problem

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ameena Ahmed
Sony vegas rendering problem
on Dec 31, 2016 at 11:48:01 pm

So i've been having this problem thats really bugging me. I've tried looking for solutions through tutorials and friends but i still can't solve this. I'm using Sony vegas 11 to edit a highly edited project with plugins like sapphire in use. My problem is that my video is 20 seconds long and is taking 1-2 hours to render. At first i wasn't okay with this but decided to just let it render out. After it was done i opened the file to find that it rendered the first second of the video and everything else was black with just the audio. I was rendering this as a .wmv file and i tried rendering as mp4 (mainconcept because i dont have the sony template?) with HDV video properties it rendered a lot more of the vid except the center of all my sapphire transitions were off center and the fps was just horrible. Everything else i've edited with takes 12 min tops to render and i really dont know what the problem is. I also dont want to give up on something that i've put so much time into. Changing my video properties like a million times and switching and customizing possibly ever video template doesn't help. I'm sort of young (13) and dont know much about how to fix it. I'm really just hoping the solution is a better rendering template and not the whole "first youre going to want to open up your laptop and pull out-"thing. Im overall just really desperate and hope that there is a way to render my project with good quality, the whole thing without it cutting off to black, and not take 2 hours to render.
ALSO whenever my project is rendering the preview screen goes black around the same time the finished project goes black? People are telling me i should uncheck the fourth box in options > preferences > but that has no effect as well as disable resampling my clips?

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Sony vegas rendering problem
on Jan 1, 2017 at 7:43:38 am

I would like to know more details about your laptop hardware. Speccy is a utility that will give the community details about your hardware setup.

Your project settings seem to be ok.

What is the file format of your source material on the lower track? "Media Info" its an application you can get that will tell the community more about the details of your source media.

Super slow rendering of 1920x1080 .mp4 makes me think either the source material format is strange, or the laptop is gimped in some way. The file starting off good then going black makes me also think the source media format is strange.

Have you tried rendering to Sony AVC internet profile, or XDCAM-ex that equals your project settings?

.WMV (VC-1) was a good format back in the day, but there have been a lot of improvements since then. Its generally not a recommended format unless you have a very specific need these days. Stick with Sony AVC .MP4 for a render mode, or render XDCAM-EX.MXF and upload straight to Youtube, ect...

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jan 1, 2017 at 11:43:31 pm

Your source material is what is causing you all this stress.
How and what did you use to capture your video? I am assuming this is
game capture, which often causes lots of issues when trying to edit.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Ameena Ahmed
on Jan 2, 2017 at 8:59:38 pm

For some reason i dont have the Sony AVC template?? I also tried the XDCAM but it just rendered all black despite it being a much faster process. I got some info from the website you mentioned (thank you). Not sure what any of this means but hope this answers more info about my laptop.

Windows 8.1 64-bit
CPU
Intel Celeron N2840 @ 2.16GHz 46 °C
Bay Trail-M 22nm Technology
RAM
2.00GB DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 802A (CPU 1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics (HP)

And as for my source material being the problem do you guys mean the media/clips i used? Here's some info on it using the given website (thankyouagain)

Codec ID : mp42 (isom/mp42)
File size : 265 MiB
Duration : 24 min 16 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 1 526 kb/s
Encoded date : UTC 2016-12-17 05:15:02
Tagged date : UTC 2016-12-17 05:15:02
gsst : 0
gstd : 1457051

The edit is of animated clips and episodes (cartoon/anime). I'm thinking it may be the problem? Since ive downloaded many episodes from the stream site and have not had any problems with editing and then rendering in .mp4. I tried taking what was said above into account^^ and did another project using the same downloaded clips and it had the same exact problem. Yet when i download different media from the same website there is no rendering problem;;

If the media im using is the problem, is there still a way i can render this okay using MainConcept AVC/AAC??

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Jan 3, 2017 at 3:19:15 pm

Well the render time is due to the "Intel Celeron N2840" system you are trying to work on. Fast computers are expensive, but the $300.00 rig you are running is just to low powered to make vegas work well.

I would advise you to get a PC tower and monitor with the following components:
i7-6700
16GB of RAM <--4GB per CPU core = 4 core CPUx4GB=16GB
256GB Boot drive
1TB 2nd drive
AMD RX480 GPU <--this AMD card is important to Vegas Pro software, just trust the forum on this one.
Windows 10 Pro
20"+ monitor with Display Port, connect monitor to displayport on GPU
Install the latest version of Vegas you have.

That system spec would be a low end Vegas editing machine, with out getting Ebay involved and buying a used older good system. Laptops just do not have the power to work Vegas very well, but if you really need a laptop, get one with similar specifications. The GPU in a laptop would be an RX480M, which is the best laptop chip, but much less powerful than the desktop GPU with the similar name.

Please go to https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo and get a copy of "Media Info". Use Media info on one of your main visual media files, switch the view to TEXT, and cut and paste that info to a reply. That is the type of info we are looking for.

Return to posts index

Ameena Ahmed
on Jan 3, 2017 at 11:27:45 pm

General
Complete name : C:\Users\wiam\Documents\ons2.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42 (isom/mp42)
File size : 308 MiB
Duration : 24 min 20 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 1 770 kb/s
Encoded date : UTC 2016-12-17 07:55:28
Tagged date : UTC 2016-12-17 07:55:28
gsst : 0
gstd : 1460535

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L3.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 1 575 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 7 679 kb/s
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.071
Stream size : 274 MiB (89%)
Tagged date : UTC 2016-12-17 07:56:10
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 192 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 202 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
Frame rate : 43.066 FPS (1024 spf)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 33.4 MiB (11%)
Title : IsoMedia File Produced by Google, 5-11-2011
Encoded date : UTC 2016-12-17 07:55:50
Tagged date : UTC 2016-12-17 07:56:10

^^^^^

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Jan 4, 2017 at 12:56:11 am

Aside from making sure your project settings match your media format 1280x720P@23.97FPS, there does not appear to much wrong with that media format. The format is generic and the frame constant. The frame rate being variable is what is seen often with game capture media, and this has caused render issues.

You may want to save as a new file name, and replace the media file where the render stops with some other footage. This will rule out possible errors with that specific media.

Then disable tracks above the source media one by one to rule out effects, or some composite issue.

Make sure there are no windows updates pending, install any .NET windows updates, uninstall any Anti-virus that is not windows defender, and reboot everyday before going to work in Vegas. Make sure you have the latest release of the Vegas you are running.

Return to posts index

Ameena Ahmed
on Jan 4, 2017 at 4:38:21 am

Okay thank you so much for the pointers, they really helped.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]