FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exempting Clips from TrackFX?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frankie Jones
Exempting Clips from TrackFX?
on Dec 31, 2016 at 5:04:43 pm

Hey,
Does anybody know a way of stopping TrackFX applying to certain clips on a track.
Sometimes I have 50 clips on a track and am constantly adding changing them, making pasting videofx attributes a pain.
I want to be able to set TrackFX and then for the one or 2 clips that perhaps dont need that effect that the 48 others do, stop that trackfx applying to them.
I can't move them to a different track because a lot of the time they are blended / transitioned into the clips that do need the TrackFX
Quite a dilemma!
All the best,
Frankie

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Exempting Clips from TrackFX?
on Dec 31, 2016 at 6:01:03 pm

Is Event 1 from the same Media in Project Media as Event 2?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Frankie Jones
on Dec 31, 2016 at 6:08:41 pm

Most of the time the clips are from different files.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Dec 31, 2016 at 6:15:42 pm

OK, it would be good to use VegasSpeak:

Files in the Project Media are referenced as MEDIA

Media when place on the Timeline are called EVENTS.

Now, if Media 1 thru Media 3 need to have FX1 then you can add this FX at the MEDIA Level, and wherever Events beloning to Media 1 thru Media 3 will have FX1.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jan 1, 2017 at 4:19:28 pm

[Frankie Jones] "I want to be able to set TrackFX and then for the one or 2 clips that perhaps dont need that effect that the 48 others do, stop that trackfx applying to them. "
Use another track. There is no way to "turn off" Track FX. This is why there are unlimited tracks. Just move those clips to a new track without the FX.
[Frankie Jones] "I can't move them to a different track because a lot of the time they are blended / transitioned into the clips that do need the TrackFX"
You can still transition clips across two tracks. Just apply the same transition to the top and bottom clip and they will still blend together. Create a Fade first and then drop the transition into the fade.

Like this:

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]