FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas video fx problem

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefano Spiga
Sony Vegas video fx problem
on Dec 25, 2016 at 10:11:11 pm

Hi, i'm using Sony Vegas PRO 14 and i have this problem using the deform Tool:.

I've try really everything to fix it, to unistall and reinstall the program and also to delete the remainder files with RevoUnistaller.
I'm really frustrated due to this problem.
Please help me to fix it!

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Sony Vegas video fx problem
on Dec 25, 2016 at 11:14:32 pm

Hi Stephano

Are you saying that when you add deform, you get more than one instance ? Or is it something else ?

PC Win 7 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Dec 26, 2016 at 1:13:30 am

Deform looks Deformed. Should look like mine. Something is up. The Deform window is truncated.

I know you de-installed and re-installed but did you reboot?

Are your other FX ok?

Return to posts index

Stefano Spiga
on Dec 26, 2016 at 9:53:19 am

Yes , deform is Deformed, it likes Hilarious but it's true ahah ☺
I've tried to install and reinstall, i've tried to boot up sony vegas keeping down CTRL+SHIFT, i've tried really everything.. I've tried also to upgrade my nvidia drivers...

Return to posts index

Stefano Spiga
on Dec 26, 2016 at 9:49:27 am

Hi, no no i mean that when i use deform fx, his panel is 3/4 . Whatch the screen :)

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on Dec 26, 2016 at 10:46:22 am

Hi Stefano

Sorry, my question was not precise. While having your window truncated, do you also have multiple instances of the effect or did you add that in while trying ? I am asking because the way a software behaves helps to point towards a solution.

I am assuming that you already tried the obvious; rolling back the OS to a point before the problem occurred, other software installed,etc...

I did have problems with some features of a software I downloaded 2 years back (not Vegas). It turned out that the downloaded file got somewhat corrupted during the download.

PC Win 7 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Stefano Spiga
on Dec 26, 2016 at 10:57:55 am

I have add that in while i was trying.
The only solution can be rolling back to a Restore Point of the OS?
I'm really frustated about this issue... Now i was trying to use vegas and i've notice that "Deform" is not the only FX with this problem...

Return to posts index

Eric Clinch
on Dec 26, 2016 at 11:12:29 am

The text in the Deform FX box looks larger and bolder than what it should be. Could it be something to do with your windows settings or display size/text size?

Return to posts index

Stefano Spiga
on Dec 26, 2016 at 11:18:06 am

I've alredy think it.. but This problem is only with Deform FX and a few others FX... So i could think that is not a problem with text size :(

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Dec 26, 2016 at 5:49:58 pm

1. Can you grab the horizontal bar of the FX with your mouse and drag the FX window open more? Or double click the title bar of FX window to reset it?

2. Did you try to restore the default windows layout? View/WIndows Layout/Default Layout

3. What is your system screen resolution? Can you increase the size of the resolution?

4. Is Vegas Pro 14 your first experience with Vegas? Do you own VP13 or any other version? If you have other versions of Vegas does the problem exist in those versions too?

5. Are all other programs on your system sizing things normally? Since this is a rare kind of problem, if it is not one of the items above, then it you must look to your system for the answer. It is highly likely it is a display problem unique to your system. I found one instance of a person who have had this problem with Audio FX but they did not post how they solved it. Likely a system problem that they solved. There is no record I can find of a Vegas bug that produces this.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Dec 26, 2016 at 6:09:49 pm

I found this solution for a problem when the FX window was completely missing. This might be worth a try.

"Close the program. Now press CTRL+SHIFT while double-clicking on the program's icon to launch it. Continue to hold the CTRL & SHIFT keys until the program is fully up and loaded.
In newer programs, you will see a window that asks "Do you want to reset all preferences to default values?" Place a checkmark next to "Delete all cached application data" and then click Yes."

Return to posts index

Stefano Spiga
on Dec 26, 2016 at 7:10:54 pm

Hi paul, i've tryied also this, but nothing to do. I've re-tryied again one time but the Deform FX and some other FX still don't work...

Return to posts index

Stefano Spiga
on Dec 26, 2016 at 7:09:40 pm

Hi paul, thank for you response. I've tryied now the point 1 & 2, but nothing to do...
About the point 3 my sistem screen resolution is 1920x1080 and i can't increase it..
About the point 4 this is my first experience with sony vegas.
About the point 5 yes, it's the first time that i seen a thing like that, there are no program that do things like this... I'm really really sad...

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Dec 26, 2016 at 7:45:01 pm

1. Are you running a trial version of VP14? ..

2. Have you contacted Customer support?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Dec 26, 2016 at 7:54:17 pm

Can't repro here on VP14 on an earlier Build too.

We've seen this before on VP13 . . . back to VP11. GPU?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]