FORUMS: list search recent posts

SONY VEGAS PRO 12 Audio Rendering problems

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randall Paul
SONY VEGAS PRO 12 Audio Rendering problems
on Dec 24, 2016 at 8:10:48 am

I have been with Sony since 2000 . Now Vegas pro 12 but lately it is behaving very badly. When I am rendering as I have always done for my projects, audio specially dialogue audio is all over the place. My music tracks are fine and at the right levels. I rendered a piece yesterday for a show reel for a friend. Some clips the dialogue was perfect and after rendering levels were very low in some clips, ok in others, to no sound in others. We record with Tascam recorders WAV.files . Music files are generally MP3 files Render Settings Mainconcept AVC/AAC MP4*avc 1080p internet. Audiio PCM uncomressed 48,000 16bit. Bit rate bps 92,000. Yes I have reset and defaulted all settings etc. I have 1000's of hours editing with Vegas and this has stumped me. Thank you in advance for any ideas rp

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: SONY VEGAS PRO 12 Audio Rendering problems
on Dec 24, 2016 at 11:31:36 am

So if you playback the timeline, audio is correct everywhere? If you render it to Mainconcept the audio -espaecially wav- behaves weird?
Do you render with GPU enabled?
What if ( just as a workaround) you render the audio to an intermediate, and use that on a single audio track?

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Randall Paul
on Dec 25, 2016 at 6:17:30 am

Hi Laszlo Thank you
What I am going to try since my sound files are varied is to render all the audio separately as MP3 then bring them back to the timeline under my visuals and see. But I have never had to do this before which is an extra step I am not happy about but I have gone through everything and just cant figure it out. The program is glitching in other areas off topic it wants to immediately render my timeline clips upon opening. I have tried to get info from MAGIX but useless. We may just go with Premier because there is just too much to do to waste time on workflow issues without resolve. Merry Christmas and thank you!

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Dec 26, 2016 at 11:30:49 am

Are you using any kind of audio plugin (eg: Izotope, Waves etc) in your final edit?.... Audio plugins can also
cause these inconsistencies in your audio, especially applying them directly to an audio event on the timeline.
.......Going with Premier is not a better solution.....

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Dec 26, 2016 at 10:34:35 pm

"What I am going to try since my sound files are varied is to render all the audio separately as MP3 then bring them back to the timeline under my visuals and see"

This is backwards. All audio in editing stages should be in uncompressed (PCM). Why add a decompression layer to the mix and expect better results? Editing super compressed formats both audio (AAC, MP4, AC-3) and video (AVC) is is not very wise. Convert all editing media to a unified Pro format. The Pro codecs will always use uncompressed audio, and generally an intra-frame video codec. The intra frame exception being XDCAM format, which has been highly optimized by Sony for TV news production editing.

There is very little in the way of system spec info (PC and audio hardware), time line media details, FX details, or render output. Basically the poster expects the community to read between the lines and make assumptions on what is being attempted.

Basically this just sounds like a flame post against using Vegas, to try and swing people to Premiere.

Return to posts index

Randall Paul
on Dec 27, 2016 at 6:22:37 am

Basically this just sounds like a flame post against using Vegas, to try and swing people to Premiere.

Agreed on your backwards statement. Explain why rendering as I just suggested did render the drop offs previously experienced on the audio. I wasn't pleased with the audio results. File types 1. audio source Type: Sony AVC Size: 1.89 MB (1,935,065 bytes) 2. dialogue audio Name: DR-100_.wav. Some not all of the wav files are dropping in rendering.

PC Info: PUGET Systems 2TB int SSD - 32GB - 64-bit x64 Intel i7 4710 MQ - Realtek HD Audio

I have gone through every audio clip and all are normal as brought into the timeline. So nothing in the editing is being changed other than mixing the Audio after CG & CC I have always used Mainconcept AVC/AAC So that is my preference for youtube and always has been. Rather than accusing me of flaming as you call it to swing people to Premier, I am just a bit dissapointed I am experiencing issues with Vegas that I haven't experienced prior and I am not getting solutions regardless of what render settings and MAGIX god bless em is not helpful with support Sorry. Sony Wave.64 PCM uncompressed I have used that as well but for other projection types

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Dec 27, 2016 at 9:29:05 am

Hi,

I was very long with v10, and stopped there. I was simply happy with it, never ever any problem...
I just upgraded to v13 when Magix made the deal (I never used v12), I can tell that I was not very pleased with any build of v13 regarding stability.
However v14 works great again.
So if you are hit by a bug in v12 -which can happen- try v14. The trial is free, does not ruin previous versions installed, and is fully functional for 30 days (and no watermarks on rendered video.)

You can open the same project file, just make sure to have a backup: once you save the project with v14 you won't be able to reopen it in v12. So have a backup of the project file, so there will be a return if you don't want v14.
Regarding premiere vs vegas, I think everone should work with the tool he can do his best. If it is premiere, go on. (Just don't dream it will be free of hiccups :))

I agree, that Magix support is so slow, that it's basically useless if you are in a hurry.
(takes about a week to get the firstanswer from them)

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Randall Paul
on Dec 27, 2016 at 9:41:13 am

I love Vegas. I have edited on them all. It is the most logical and intuitive. Premier crashes as well and has its glitches. I am just experiencing something I can't seem to work around with out reloading it. Oh and I have already considered V Pro 14 but the company has to earn my respect first as a service.

Return to posts index

Randall Paul
on Dec 27, 2016 at 9:43:47 am

Thanks Steve No plug-ins The only thing I do use sometimes is Audacity but that is seperate.

Return to posts index

Risto Jokinen
on May 14, 2017 at 7:29:49 am

I did also have audio problems by using VST Waves etc. on audiotrack. What I did was that I convert Wav audio to Apple(!) Aiff format first and then import to Sony Vegas Pro 13. Aiff is also loseless and my audio clipping problems was gone!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]