FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas renders 100%, but video cuts off at a certain point even though render loopback region is turned off. Can't playback at exact time in Windows Media Player.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Baul
Sony Vegas renders 100%, but video cuts off at a certain point even though render loopback region is turned off. Can't playback at exact time in Windows Media Player.
on Dec 22, 2016 at 8:04:48 pm

Hey all I have a very odd problem rendering an hour long video in WMV format on Sony Vegas Pro 9. The video only rendered to a completely random certain point yet "render loopback region" setting is turned off. I know all about how that stuff works that's why I'm confused how this isn't working. When I click properties on the actual video file, it says the correct length of 1 hour long, but when I try to play it back I can't even skip to any time in the video. When I click towards the end, the playback just goes to some random point more in the middle of the video. This is all in Windows Media Player.

So I thought maybe it was just a Windows Media Player problem so I uploaded the video to Youtube. Youtube confirmed that the video hadn't rendered out the full hour long. My only thought is that maybe Sony Vegas is only rendering 4gb of the video exactly because I thought it was an odd coincidence that it rendered 3.99gb of video exactly. I have more than enough disk space on my hard drive though so I'm not sure if that really is the problem.

Basically, I'm totally lost. There's no error message and it's definitely trying to render the full hour long video. Maybe I don't have enough RAM or something? I'm running i5 with 8gb of RAM. The reason I'm totally lost on this is because clearly something is wrong in the render. When playing back on Windows Media Player I can't even select an exact time for playback. It literally goes wherever it wants when I try selecting an exact time.

Any help would be must appreciated because I can not figure this out and rendering takes a long time. Thanks

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Sony Vegas renders 100%, but video cuts off at a certain point even though render loopback region is turned off. Can't playback at exact time in Windows Media Player.
on Dec 22, 2016 at 8:43:20 pm

[Steve Baul] "My only thought is that maybe Sony Vegas is only rendering 4gb of the video exactly because I thought it was an odd coincidence that it rendered 3.99gb of video exactly. I have more than enough disk space on my hard drive though so I'm not sure if that really is the problem."
What is the format of the drive you are rendering to? If it's FAT32 (like an external USB drive would be) this is why it is stopping at 3.99gb of video exactly (because FAT32 has a 4GB file size limitation).

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Steve Baul
Re: Sony Vegas renders 100%, but video cuts off at a certain point even though render loopback region is turned off. Can't playback at exact time in Windows Media Player.
on Dec 22, 2016 at 9:13:58 pm

Wow. Thanks A LOT! I honestly had no idea that FAT32 has that file limitation. I'll try just rendering it to my main PC hard drive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]