FORUMS: list search recent posts

clips which shows up suddenly as "off line"

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian langtry
clips which shows up suddenly as "off line"
on Dec 21, 2016 at 4:15:52 pm

After a couple of hours editing editing yesterday I reopened my current projects to find a whole swathe of clips suddenly showing as 'media off line'. There is no problem with playing the clips on widows media from the folder where they are stored on the pc but will not play from the media bin where they are saved and do not play in the viewing/auditioning window in vegas 12?
I would be enormously grateful for any advice on how to rectify this as I have about a further 50 minutes of film to complete and obviously do not want it as a recurring issue.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: clips which shows up suddenly as "off line"
on Dec 21, 2016 at 6:01:47 pm

Hi,

If you open that project does not Vegas pop up for missing files?
I can think of 2 situations when Vegas can't find a file:
Once I moved the whole project, but for some reason Vegas wanted to open few of the footages from the original directory.
On the mentioned popup window I selected "search for...", and selected the "replacement" file (which was the original file on the new location).

Once I used a music file, that I stored on a network drive, and I opened the project before that drive was remapped.
Just closed the pop up window, closed the project without saving, remapped the drive, and opened the project, and everything was there.

Did you perhaps have some of your media on external/network drive? Did you perhaps move/rename your project folder?

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Dec 22, 2016 at 9:27:00 am

Are these clips on an external device?
Also, have you moved or rename the folder or path they are located in?
These are the major causes for such an issue....

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

brian langtry
on Dec 22, 2016 at 10:12:36 am

hi, the files are stored on the host pc and play perfectly from there. I have tried creating a new media bin and then dropping the clip (bypassing my normal approach which is to initially but all the files I need for the film segment into a media bin and then drag therm onto the timeline) directly from source onto the timeline which worked and as well the clip was automatically copied to the new media bin. I turned the pc off and on again and the files (the same ones which were deemed offline from my original media bin) were still live and working on the timeline. It seems to be that it is one of (so far) media bins that was failing?
Does the above appear to be a sensible and reliable work around to you?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]