Do you have a link ?

best,
Ole

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: VP 14 Version 211 Out
on Dec 20, 2016 at 11:28:38 pm

Thanks Mike for the tip.

I downloaded the latest build, 211 and installed with no problem. You need to re-register but that went fine .. I have no idea yet what has changed or been fixed in this new build. The download file looks very generic, it just says vegaspro14 or something like that .. but it is the latest build. Includes Mercalli, NewBlue and DVD Arch too but you can opt out of installing those. Not sure if any of them have been updated.

Here's the download page .. You'll need your serial number .. https://www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/product-downloads/

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Dec 20, 2016 at 11:30:30 pm

Sorry some Cow problem with the link (it's the right link) .. just copy and paste into your browser. Should work.

Return to posts index

James Ollick
on Dec 21, 2016 at 2:47:59 pm

See this link for notes on the update.
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-14-update-4-build...

James Ollick

Return to posts index

salim samou
on Dec 30, 2016 at 8:10:31 pm

I know we can't predict the future .. but will magix gradually improve the gpu ability to deal with pro res on time line ,lots of cameras are offering pro res now. And I know of and pro res don't mix.. but resolve ,hitfilms ,all deal with pro res with smooth playback for 4K files ,same files struggle in magic time line ..when that happenes it will be amazing as Vegas is one of the most daw like editing software and I love it for that (as an Audio guy)

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Dec 30, 2016 at 9:18:21 pm

Hi salim

Magix has already done a lot in terms of ProRes !

VEGAS Pro 14 Update 4 (build 211)

Features
Added ProRes rendering options for 24p, 30p and 60p/I framerate.

Bug fixes
Fixed stutter / judder issues playing back 23.97/29.97/59.94 frame rate ProRes / HEVC files
Fixed video noise issues related to deep blacks / whites with ProRes files

Return to posts index

salim samou
on Dec 30, 2016 at 9:25:48 pm

Thanks for the feedback ,I have denied the latest version at a friends studio who has magix with latest 211 build and pro res 4K struggles 10 frames out 24 ..while resolve and hit film play and edit almost real time 24 frames with. I issues the same files .. hope it get to that level with magix as I still have not upgraded from Sony Vegas , once that is ironed out it's no brainer for me

Return to posts index

Jay Zee
on Jan 17, 2017 at 11:49:35 pm

This is a very good question.

Samplitude, Magix's flagship for audio, is very efficient resource wise.

I would imagine that their video stuff is too, (haven't used it much) but it has been more rudimentary
that Vegas, hence a good buy for the company. Let's see how efficient they can make it. They seemed
to, right off the bat, bring new format capabilities to Vegas, but it remains to be seen if that starts to
translate into a more effiencient playback engine, which Vegas was known to be a bit less efficient that
other similar NLEs.

Maybe others can give feedback. I would think it would not be an quick fix here, maybe a couple more
versions or a major revamp down the line, which could happen. Magix is a real player in software.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]