FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas 10 rendering suddenly became impossibly slow

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Jones
Vegas 10 rendering suddenly became impossibly slow
on Dec 19, 2016 at 7:29:19 am

I use Sony Vegas 10. I don't need all the bells and whistles of any later versions. They're a waste of time and hard-drive space.

About 3 weeks ago Magix started sending me offers (via some sort of "net-notify" app) to upgrade to Vegas 14. I ignored them. As I say, I don't need it. I'm an archivist not a commercial video-maker.

Ever since Magix effectively invaded my computer my copy of Vegas has become uselessly slow. An uncompressed AVI render that would normally take about an hour is now taking about 15 hours. I can only assume that something that Magix have done has damaged my version of Vegas.

Any suggestions as to what might have happened?

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Vegas 10 rendering suddenly became impossibly slow
on Dec 19, 2016 at 11:25:38 am

Hi Stephen

I don't believe that Magix is intentionally, or not, invading your computer. I would rather look at the possibility of Malware, viral or other intrusion. The other option could be a recent software addition that conflicts with Vegas or slows down your computer, one or more of your drive(s) may be on the fritz, do not use the same drive for your source material and rendering. Etc....

Do a thorough systems check.

Having said that, if you do not wish to see those ''Net Notify'' messages, just go to:

Options → Preferences → General → Use Net Notify to stay informed.... (Uncheck)

Cheers !

PC Win 7 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Stephen Jones
on Dec 19, 2016 at 2:03:55 pm

Well the timing was exactly consistent with the net notify messages from Magix, and my anti-virus software has reported no insertions. Anyway I'll have to find something else to work with. I do not trust anybody who runs that level of marketing campaign.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Dec 19, 2016 at 4:28:58 pm

That option has been in Vegas for as long as I can remember. Definitely during the Sony years and possibly even the Sonic Foundry years.
I agree with Graham about looking elsewhere as a lot of us, me included, get those notifications and no one I know has ever had a problem with them.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Dec 20, 2016 at 6:09:11 am

I still have Vegas 10 (both 32 and 64 bit builds) on my computer, and they work without problems.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]