FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding fonts

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelvin Miyahira
Adding fonts
on Dec 18, 2016 at 2:03:24 am

I downloaded Playfair display font and it shows up on my text media font list. But preview goes back to default Verdana and when I tried a test rendering, it showed Verdana. I'm a newbie so let me know if you guys have any ideas. Yes restarted Vegas, then rebooted machine to no avail.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Adding fonts
on Dec 18, 2016 at 6:06:26 am

I've been reporting this AWOL of several fonts with various Builds of VP since I became aware of it. I've made videos and sent them to Vegas support. The previous owners of Vegas Pro were aware of it and I have to assume MAGIX are too.

Most Fonts will display in "Legacy Text" and I've discovered all fonts show in both PTT and NewBlue. I'm using NewBlue TITLER Pro 5 and as it has become more and more stable it's becoming my go-to text editor. If you have a graphics package that handles Text, and reveals your "other" fonts create a PNG with a transparent background and use that.

After 5 years I don't know, have read nor been communicated with a solution. It's been left to us to find a work-around. So, internal Legacy Text or PTT or buy-in a third party NLE text editor or go external to VP and use a text plate.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Kelvin Miyahira
on Dec 18, 2016 at 2:29:15 pm

Thanks Graham, I was thinking something was wrong with me.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Dec 18, 2016 at 2:33:10 pm

[Kelvin Miyahira] "Thanks Graham, I was thinking something was wrong with me."
I charge EXTRA for therapy!

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]