FORUMS: list search recent posts

When I render my video my face look greenish

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Winso
When I render my video my face look greenish
on Dec 17, 2016 at 10:58:37 am

Hi everyone, I am creating a talking head video and in the preview in sony vegas 13, my skin color looks normal all is good, but when I render the video my skin tone looks greenish. I am using render as - Main concept AVC/AAC (*mp4,avc*) - Internet HD 1080p

Here are my presets:

https://postimg.org/image/fruvp59rh/

How can I fix that?

Thank you in advance

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: When I render my video my face look greenish
on Dec 17, 2016 at 12:26:07 pm

Try rendering to a different video format and see if that still happens.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Michael Winso
on Dec 17, 2016 at 12:35:51 pm

Hi Steve, I have looked other rendering formats where there is a = sign where it matches my video and I discovered that it renders it properly as normal skin tone in an mfx format.

I am rendering the video in this format as we speak

I was searching and trying only mp4 formats so far because I want to upload it to youtube, I wonder whether or not the mfx format will be good for youtube or I have to convert it to mp4 after rendering is complete.

What do you think?

Thank you for your quick reply :)

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Dec 17, 2016 at 4:34:25 pm

.MXF is a file format / Container. What codec did you render to?

YouTube supports converting XAVC, XDCAM, cineform, Prores, and Avid DNx series. Most of the brand name codecs are just custom variants of MP4, MPEG2, DV, MJPEG, and JPEG2000 codecs.

Did you shoot under cheap LED lights? CRI matters, or you may need to put some minus green on your lights.

Did you compensate for Computer RGB vs sRGB conversions that happens when you playback in "players" like Windows Media? If you already have a green cast going in your master footage, the contrast shift that happens in the sRGB to cRGB can saturate the green tones more. MP4 operates under sRGB levels. All your levels should be corrected for sRGB, so they expand correctly to the cRGB space in players like Youtube, small devices, and windows media player.

Have you tried playback in VLC player?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]