Random Black speckles in video

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean McNally
Random Black speckles in video
on Dec 17, 2016 at 3:20:52 am
Last Edited By Sean McNally on Dec 17, 2016 at 5:54:40 am

Hey there CreativeCow,

So I've been noticing some weird artifacts going on with Vegas Pro 13.0 (Build 453, 64-Bit).

At random moments, both in the preview window as well as the rendered product, these strange 4x2 px black rectangles have started showing up.

Here's an album with multiple frames showing what I mean.

It's happened now in four different projects, and I can't figure out why. If you'd like a video example,

I can't seem to figure out why, despite searching on the forums as well as google. The artifacts are more random when in the preview window (they don't always show up at the same times or places on the same frame), but obviously are always the same in the rendered versions. It seems as though it may be linked to the Sony Levels plugin, when I turn it off it seems like they disappear. Please let me know if anyone has any advice.

Thanks!
Sean

EDIT: So, I've found that disabling my GPU (Options>Preferences>Video>GPU acceleration of video processing: OFF) fixed this. If anyone else has this issue, this seems to be a solution!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Random Black speckles in video
on Dec 17, 2016 at 6:27:00 am

[Sean McNally] "So, I've found that disabling my GPU ("
What is the spec. of your Graphics card? Manufacturer and model and last driver update.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Sean McNally
Re: Random Black speckles in video
on Dec 17, 2016 at 7:35:18 pm

Not a "real" GPU, an onboard graphics chipset for the Intel Core i7 5600-U processor, it's the Intel HD Graphics 5500. Not sure when the last driver update was. This is my machine, the ThinkPad Yoga 12.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]