FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to render a 60 fps video into 30 fps?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Herman Yn
How to render a 60 fps video into 30 fps?
on Dec 16, 2016 at 6:02:28 am

Hi. I recorded some video in 60 fps but I don't really like the way it looks in 60 fps and I want to render it into 30 fps. However, whenever I render it in 30 fps, the video looks blurry, like there is a weird motion blur, that normally isn't in my 30 fps videos. How do I properly render a 60 fps video into 30 fps without that weird motion blur effect happening?

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
Re: How to render a 60 fps video into 30 fps?
on Dec 16, 2016 at 7:27:16 am

Right click on the event in the timeline and choose "Disable Resample" under Switches. The blur is from Vegas Pro trying to sample the frames. When you disable resample, then Vegas Pro will just drop every other frame to get you from 60 down to 30.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Dec 16, 2016 at 9:17:46 am

Disabling Resample as mark recommended should fix that problem.... However you mentioned that
you dont like how the original 60 fps video looks, What's wrong with it?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Herman Yn
on Dec 16, 2016 at 10:13:27 pm

Thanks. I thought I disabled the smart resample before and it didn't work, but I just tried it and now it worked. Maybe it was also necessary to change the video properties to 30 fps. Thank you both for the help.

I don't like my 60 fps video because the overall video doesn't have too much motion, but has some, and the 60 fps seemed too fast and emphasized very single small motion. I gave me anxiety watching it. I feel like it is much calmer and pleasant to watch in 30 fps. The 60 fps just made all the motions stand out too much and seem too fast- like it is harder to relax and pay attention while watching 60 fps.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Dec 17, 2016 at 12:24:44 pm

"Maybe it was also necessary to change the video properties to 30 fps"
Yes that is true in most circumstances.
Yes 60 fps gives that jarring effect when watching, that is why 24 fps is used to give that smooth film look/motion.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]