FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice On Project

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Carlo
Advice On Project
on Dec 8, 2016 at 5:35:33 pm

My family insists every year that I do a Christmas movie for them. Every I say no but I do it anyway. This really is the only time I do one because in the spring and summer I have other things to do. But I do look at this forum almost everyday even in summer. Its cold here in Ohio so I don't mind trying to make something everybody enjoys.

My question is I split my movie into segments and then at the end bring all of the veg files onto one timeline and render to a DVD and Bluray. When I bring all of my veg files into the final render some of the segments have multiple layers of videos and audio. This can get confusing. My video usually runs 35 to 45 min. I was wondering what format would be the best to render to without losing quality. Then bring all of the rendered files back into Vegas and do a final render.

My source videos are from a variety full of formats. I have 4k video along with HDV and Mini DV formats VHC videos, 4k is from a Panasonic HC-VX870K. Thanks for any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Advice On Project
on Dec 8, 2016 at 6:46:16 pm

I also do a lot of "home video" work. I always edit in sections also with my project properties set to HiDef like " (1920x1080, 59.940 fps)". My sections are usually 5-10 minutes.

I render each of the sections to "Sony MXF HD EX 1920x1080-60i Best 24bit audio" using the standard template. My understanding is that MXF format is lossless.

Then with all the sections loaded on one timeline I do my final render. In my case usually some MP4 template for upload to one of my TIVOs for viewing. I rarely make DVD's anymore.

Return to posts index

Mike Carlo
Re: Advice On Project
on Dec 8, 2016 at 9:24:00 pm

Thanks Paul, That is what I will do. I usually make DVD's to hand out to family members after watching the video on Christmas Eve. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]