FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recommended PC for Good Vegas Performance?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Lee
Recommended PC for Good Vegas Performance?
on Dec 8, 2016 at 2:36:28 am

Had a 6 y.o. PC with an i3 processor that died, so I'm in the market for a new PC. Would like to get the cheapest one I can, but I realize that doing videos with Vegas will work better/faster with an optimum PC.

I'm not looking to spend a lot nor do I need the best machine on the market. I read the Vegas requirements, but can someone recommend the minimum processor, graphics card, RAM, etc. I should get to have a good Vegas experience? I realize now that the old PC was a little slow.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Recommended PC for Good Vegas Performance?
on Dec 8, 2016 at 3:16:22 pm

There is a large amount of posts on this topic, so search is your friend here.

The quick list for a desktop/non-workstation performance machine is:

CPU: i7-5930 or i7-6700k based system

Chipset: x99 or q170 chipset - I still recommend x99 because of the 4 memory channels, over 2 that most desktops have.

GPU: AMD 7970-Ghz ebay), 290X(ebay), 390x, 480, or r9-Fury-X

Memory: DDR4 around 16-32GB spread across 2 - 4 DIMM modules depending on the board you buy. x99 needs 4, Q170 needs 2.

Disk: 256GB M.2 Samsung Pro line for Boot
1TB Sata Samsung Pro SSD or PCI SSD hard card for working/project storage - on the CPU lanes and not crossing the DMI bridge.
2x 4-6TB HGST Spinning HDD in OS mirror, for longer term project/ back burner storage.
add multiples of the 2x 4-6TB drives for additional storage, or out fit an older PC to be a NAS.

Display: HP dreamcolor, LG wide gamut, or Dell U-series monitors connected with best Displayport version your GPU supports. If you want 10-bit color, your GPU needed to be an AMD firepro line. But the Dreamcolor will support 100% of the 8-bit video range.

Backup: get backblaze or some sort of extra portable HHD space to backup your important projects long term. You can even just get external bare drive adapters, then just use bare drives and store them back inside the original packaging.

Of course all that is just one mans opinion, at the time of this writing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]