FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas pro 10, 11, 12 & 13, 14! WON'T START!

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Gale
Vegas pro 10, 11, 12 & 13, 14! WON'T START!
on Dec 3, 2016 at 12:10:27 pm

Hello, I have been having this issue for a very long time now first of it started as a weird audio issue where I'd pause the preview of the video and the audio would only come through one headphone then the other then both and that continued. Then I tried upgrading from 12 to 13 and this started happening "Problem Description
Application Name: VEGAS Pro
Application Version: Version 14.0 (Build 161) 64-bit"

"Fault Process Details
Process Path: C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 14.0\vegas140.exe
Process Version: Version 14.0 (Build 161) 64-bit
Process Description: VEGAS Pro
Process Image Date: 2016-09-13 (Tue Sep 13) 16:47:24"

Also an access violation code appears with just 0000000's or something like that..

PLEASE HELP! I HAVE SERIOUSLY Tried absolutely everything I can think of for soo long now! :(

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Vegas pro 10, 11, 12 & 13, 14! WON'T START!
on Dec 3, 2016 at 5:24:40 pm

For something bothering you for so long now, That sounds then you may need to do a full reinstall of
your operating system! .... And start afresh from all the corruption.
I know that's not what you want to hear, but it will pay off, tweaking this and that is just gonna prolong
your frustration.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Dec 3, 2016 at 5:32:40 pm

How old is that computer? can you post a speccy file? There is not much to go on here, no one know what you have going on over there.

I would start by uninstalling all versions of Vegas. Then go through the uninstalls for anything you do not use much or no longer use on the machine. Uninstall your 3rd party AV Security applications, and use windows defender if you are on Win8 or 10. Then Reboot.

Run the MS "Disk Cleanup" found properties on the c: drive. select all including the windows updates.

Next run CCleaner, and the registry cleaner. Run as many times as you can to until you get clean results. Reboot can help. Also delete any startup background crap that is left over from uninstalls. Minimize all the stuff loading on the taskbar by the clock.

Load Malware bytes and run a full scan, remove any crap ware.

Figure out how to run an Admin command prompt. Then execute SFC /scannow . Repair any issues found here by googling the for the errors.

Push all windows updates found in the control panel. rebooting a couple times and re-running might necessary if you have not been updating much. Pay attention to .NET updates and make sure to push them as well.

Load the latest GPU drivers for your GPU.

Make sure your BIOS is up to date for your machine, and the associated drivers from your system computer manufacturer.

Reboot.

Try and load Vegas 14 again after all that.

If you are not working after all that. Buy a new HDD or SSD, get a copy of Win10 (if your system is not ancient,) reload the OS, updates, drivers, and vegas.

That's the process I would follow on something like that .

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
on Dec 3, 2016 at 5:34:07 pm

I forgot to add run memtest86, do a full pass and if any errors are found, then replace your system memory.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]