FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to crop a specific part of the video clip?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Herman Yn
How to crop a specific part of the video clip?
on Nov 30, 2016 at 3:11:34 am
Last Edited By Herman Yn on Nov 30, 2016 at 3:14:19 am

Hi, I need some help. I have two video clips: One main clip with a problem in one area that I'm trying to cover up or "patch" with another clip that is correct in that area. How can I crop a video clip in such a way that only a certain section of it shows?

I included a picture. Pretend this is a video clip. How do I crop it so that the black isn't shown, but that one white spot of the video clip is shown so that I can cover the clip beneath it with exactly that part of the video?

http://i63.tinypic.com/mie009.jpg

I don't want to stretch the clip or anything, just remove the black parts of the video so that the black parts are transparent.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: How to crop a specific part of the video clip?
on Nov 30, 2016 at 4:45:29 am

If I understand what you want -- put the main event on the bottom track and above it the one that has the image you want to lay over .. open pan/crop on the top track. Check the check box for mask. Use the rectangular mask to draw a rectangular mask and size it and move it into place.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Nov 30, 2016 at 4:48:47 am

Oh .. one other detail .. if you create a keyframe in the wrong place on the "mask" timeline within pan/crop, delete the keyframe.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Nov 30, 2016 at 4:54:30 am

One more thing .. you can feather the mask to make it blend better if that makes sense for what you're doing.

BUT --- if stuff is moving around in the main shot your using and the mask starts to drift off the mark -- well that's another kettle of FX -- you'll need some motion tracking -- which can be done (sort of -- depending ) using keyframes.

Return to posts index

Herman Yn
on Nov 30, 2016 at 11:12:43 pm

Thank you very much Paul. That method works perfectly. I never knew about that mask option. It will save it a ton of time in the future with the kind of videos I make that always need fixing in certain parts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]