FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange Blip Sounds

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scottie Haines
Strange Blip Sounds
on Nov 29, 2016 at 9:47:01 pm

I'm getting this weird sound, always different each time I play it back, but the same kinds of blips. You'll have to use headphones to hear them because they are very faint. However, I can hear these in the final recording and I can't figure out where they are coming from. There are no tracks playing in this little space I extracted from my project. I have stretched/shrunk a lot of tracks in the project. Could that be contributing to the problem? I have noticed in the past that these noises don't begin showing up until after a save and close. They appear when the project is reopened.

10831_blipsounds.mp3.zip

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Strange Blip Sounds
on Nov 30, 2016 at 1:28:02 am
Last Edited By Francois Pénzes on Nov 30, 2016 at 1:42:56 am

Hi Scottie

Could be that after doing cuts, sometimes the equivalent of a fraction of a frame is left on the audio time line. Listen for it and zoom in to that part of the timeline. Chances are that you will find a remnant of one of your cuts.

Video and audio timelines do not react the same way to cuts. Try it out; open a new project with 1 video track and 1 audio track. Insert 10 seconds of any video and 10 seconds of any audio. Zoom into your timelines. Go to the end of each clip and reduce the duration by dragging them left. Notice that the video track will jump and move in increments of frames. The audio track will be smooth linear. Hope that makes sense. If someone can come up with a better description... I'm an editor, not one of those creative writers !

Cheers !

PC Win 7 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]