FORUMS: list search recent posts

(a) Can SVP 13 read subtitles from vob files? (b) I have a good price on SVP14 but still want to use Vegasaurus and Caption Assistant

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda Duffield
(a) Can SVP 13 read subtitles from vob files? (b) I have a good price on SVP14 but still want to use Vegasaurus and Caption Assistant
on Nov 26, 2016 at 1:03:26 pm
Last Edited By Amanda Duffield on Nov 26, 2016 at 1:11:13 pm

Hi,

I have a DVD that was made as all region in Canada and I can play it here in PAL-land however the subtitles are not recognised by my DVD player, WMP and VLC on a windows PC, however if I play it in a MacBookPro, the subtitles (closed - captions) will turn on. The copyright owner advises me that this is common and they have the same problem in the 'other-direction' i.e. they can't read captions on pal dvd's.

Issue is, the school that owns the DVD (and has Deaf students and MUST show captions) doesn't use Macs (not that they should be made to use/buy a particular piece of equipment for a movie that is sold as 'cc' anyway)

The subtitles are within VOB files.

Can anyone suggest anything I should tell them to download that will allow these captions to play? i.e. Maybe some free software that allows them to 'see' the captions?

Alternatively, (it's the weekend, I'll be back in my office in 24 hours), is there any way SVP13 could read these. My goal is to get the subtitles and burn them into the movie (all approved by copyright owner) so the school can watch on any equipment.

I've tried burn-in via handbrake however I wasn't successful--handbrake crashes at 99%. I tried subrip but couldn't make it work.

If Mac can read them and windows can't, maybe it's just some software (drivers or something?) the school needs to download?

Thanks.
Oh and.... I've been keeping an eye on the svp14 feedback here and I'm concerned there's still a lot of bugs. I'd like to keep using vegasaurus and purchase caption assistant but not sure how these will work in that program? If you are going to suggest I move to apple, I only get one PC purchase so what pc/program would you suggest if I have always used SVP and dvd architect.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]