FORUMS: list search recent posts

.MP4 Vegas 13 only opens audio when dragged in

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Holland
.MP4 Vegas 13 only opens audio when dragged in
on Nov 25, 2016 at 6:19:37 am

I have purchased a new Skype recording software for my TV show. Evare. It records both audio and video together into .MP4.

Problem: when I drag the .MP4 file to the time line it only opens the audio file and the video is no where to be found.

As a work and a real pain, I have been using RealPlayer "convert" converting the MP4. to well, a MP4.

How come?

BTW about 50% of the time since I got it Vegas Pro crashes. Not sure if this is because New Blue is installed or if its Vegas. It picks and chooses when it wants to, no pattern I can tell.

If you can 100% guarantee me that Pro 14 won't crash, then I will find a way to get it. If not, when I update my lap top in the spring, I will move on to a different platform and goodbye New Blue as well. Never liked New Blue most unstable and unintuitive software I have ever owned.

Can't afford the down time with all the burps, farts and consistent crashes from both. Send me good news

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: .MP4 Vegas 13 only opens audio when dragged in
on Nov 25, 2016 at 7:57:34 am

"I have purchased a new Skype recording software for my TV show.
Problem: when I drag the .MP4 file to the time line it only opens the audio file and the video is no where to be found."

Do you have the Mediainfo of the .mp4 file ?

"As a work and a real pain, I have been using RealPlayer "convert" converting the MP4. to well, a MP4"

.mp4 is not just .mp4 ! .mp4 is a container with a video and a audio file !

"If you can 100% guarantee me that Pro 14 won't crash, then I will find a way to get it.
when I update my lap top in the spring"

Can you 100% guarantee that your lap top is fit for fighting h.264/mp4 ?

Return to posts index

Brent Holland
on Nov 25, 2016 at 8:05:10 am

well that was helpful, looking for a real world solution not to get yelled at Ole. I have drop dead dealines EVERY week and can't afford hours of farting around

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Nov 25, 2016 at 8:22:19 am

I just hoped that you would come up with some more information about your Skype recording software, mediainfo of the .mp4 file, Vegas ver., Windows ver., lap top specs !

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Nov 25, 2016 at 3:45:27 pm

Hi Brent,

I'm not speaking for Magix, but better than them or anyone else giving you a 100% guarantee, is you giving it to yourself. You are the only one who has your computer setup and your source media. Your guarantee comes in the form of downloading the trial version of Magix Vegas Pro 14 and then trying it first hand. The trial version is the full version (without add-ons) and then you can test it for the results without spending any money.

On the other hand, if you have additional information about your source code, as suggested by Ole, other members may have some valuable input to help you avoid the crashes.

Best Regards....George

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Nov 25, 2016 at 5:01:59 pm

Hi George Dean

If I got that problem - I would open Vegas Pro - look in the Properties - if I see the Plug-in:compoundplug.dll

Then I will go to: C-drive - Programs - Sony - Vegas Pro - FileIO Plug-Ins - Open and rename - compoundplug to compoundplug_old

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]