FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any way to remove unwanted source reference without open project?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel Ahn
Any way to remove unwanted source reference without open project?
on Nov 24, 2016 at 1:54:33 pm

Hello all. Using Vegas Pro 13 build 453, Windows 10.

My 10 days working, 40min length of work got a problem. I recently added a mp4 file that named "Airwolf intro HD - Générique de Supercopter HD.mp4" which I downloaded from Youtube.

After added that, actually there was no problem to keep working and also save project until I closed Vegas. But when I launch Vegas again and open my project again, it tries loading elements then shows no response then crash. So I created new project and import my projects veg file, it actually works except error message "A nested project source media file was not found (C:\Users\Gabriel\Downloads\Airwolf intro HD - Générique de Supercopter HD.mp4)"

So that, I Highly doubt "Airwolf intro HD - Générique de Supercopter HD.mp4" is the problem because of *maybe* its special characters. I also tried delete this source and replace with other, it doesn't work. Problem may not the source itself, its 'character' and reference in project media.

I believe I may possible to open my project again If I ccould remove this source reference in project media but don't know how without open project itself.

Is there any possible way to do this? I'm almost killing myself...

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Any way to remove unwanted source reference without open project?
on Nov 25, 2016 at 12:08:15 am

Try this Hex editor .. http://www.hhdsoftware.com/free-hex-editor

I opened a .veg file in the Hex Editor and changed one of the Project Media File names by one character. Then I did a "save as" to a new .veg file name. When I opened the veg, Vegas could not find the file I had renamed and prompted me for a new location. THis is where you can substitute a different file or just skip it so you can open the veg and delete the mp4 that is causing you trouble. (If that is the problem)

Learning how to use the Hex Editor to debug a file is not really hard as you are only going to change one thing. THis video should help get you going with the Hex Editor .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmvFOpSsLmk

Likely you can find other tutorials on "Free Hex Editor Neo" that I suggested above.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Any way to remove unwanted source reference without open project?
on Nov 26, 2016 at 8:30:23 am

Try renaming that Airwolf source file itself to something simple and move its current location, then open your project,
an when Vegas prompts you for the missing file, you simply point it to where it is.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]