FORUMS: list search recent posts

Imported AVI footage is cropped when imported

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zachary Spence
Imported AVI footage is cropped when imported
on Nov 23, 2016 at 3:04:43 am

Hi,

I have this problem where imported AVI files from Camtasia are being cropped at the top and bottom. This only happens in a current project I'm working on and doesn't crop in when opening it in new projects. I'm wondering if I may have a setting somewhere ticked that automatically "maximizes" a clip to fill the preview screen. The screencaptures from Camtasia are different dimensions an aspect ratio, but I've normally been able to solve this by applying one of the pan/crop aspect ratio presets and zooming it out to reveal the rest of the clip, but it doesn't work in this scenario and the clip remains cropped.

Also when I convert this footage from AVI to H.264 and then import it into the project this problem doesn't occur.

I'm on W7 running Vegas Pro 12.0.

Any help on this would be amazing. I have a bunch of keyframes and clips already inserted into the timeline, so if there's a way to resolve this within the current project without starting a new one would save me hours of time.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
Re: Imported AVI footage is cropped when imported
on Nov 23, 2016 at 7:27:19 am

Hi,

if I understand right, your avi's aspect slightly differs from your project's aspect, so that the avi would not fill up the whole screen.
If you have "Adjust source media to better match project settings" enabled in project properties, some croppping may be done.
Is that the case?

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Zachary Spence
Re: Imported AVI footage is cropped when imported
on Nov 23, 2016 at 3:48:38 pm

László yup that was it! Thank you so much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]