FORUMS: list search recent posts

MP3 won't render to AC3

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Kaye
MP3 won't render to AC3
on Nov 18, 2016 at 10:41:13 pm

I'm making a DVD. As always I rendered the video to .mpg and that's fine. The audio consists of voice over in .wav and music in .mp3 format. I've always been able to render audio to .ac3. However, now when I render the voice over renders but without the music. If I render to .wav format both voice and music mix fine in the resulting .wav file. Anyone know what gives? I have been successfully doing this render for years. The only change might be using windows 10. I'm on Vegas 13 build 453.

Jim

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: MP3 won't render to AC3
on Nov 19, 2016 at 6:07:03 am

[Jim Kaye] "If I render to .wav format both voice and music mix fine in the resulting .wav file"
Then just use that?

But onto the more intriguing question of "why". Is it at all possible that Win10 won't recognise the MP3 or it's content. Is this MP3 the same as other MP3 you've successfully AC3 encoded? Try a test of just that MP3 to AC3. Can you MediaInfo ones that work against the MP3 that won't directly AC3? Could be a bitrate too far for this process. Interesting.

OK, when I do DVDs I make Digital Intermediary (DI) files. DI creation are a great way to make sure I have both a file that I know will encode correctly and a highres re-editable option.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: MP3 won't render to AC3
on Nov 22, 2016 at 3:16:04 am

Works just fine here with V13 build 543 on Win 10.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]