FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can i create a lower third semi transparent text box in V11 Pro, please?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Lindsay
How can i create a lower third semi transparent text box in V11 Pro, please?
on Nov 17, 2016 at 10:47:46 pm

Something for ID titles, etc. I am half way there with the media generator but cant get the right transparency.

Thank you!

Rob
Rob Lindsay Pictures, Nashville
Vegas 11 running on quad core Vista 64 w/ 6 Gigs RAM

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: How can i create a lower third semi transparent text box in V11 Pro, please?
on Nov 17, 2016 at 10:58:53 pm

You want the Box or the Text to be semi-transparent? Or maybe both?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Rob Lindsay
Re: How can i create a lower third semi transparent text box in V11 Pro, please?
on Nov 18, 2016 at 12:15:49 am

Graham

I want the text full opacity, box across the screen lower opacity, and i want to mask it from the top 2/3rds so it doesn't affect that portion's luminance.

Thank you,

Rob

Rob

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Nov 18, 2016 at 6:36:36 am

This was done in VP12 - I don't have VP11 loaded any more. In VP11 do you have "Masking" as an option in Pan/Crop? Is this what you are after/want?

Without me Glitzing-Up:

Thar FULL-On Grazie-Glitz!!

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Nov 18, 2016 at 7:43:13 am

For what you are doing, i would simply recommend you do that in photoshop, save as psd,
and import that in Vegas...

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Nov 18, 2016 at 8:56:55 am

[Steve Rhoden] "For what you are doing,"
Yeah, I would have suggested that too. However it would require ALL the Ids being done this way - yeah?

[Rob Lindsay] "Something for ID titles,"
So Steve, this Suggests to me, that maybe our chum here needed more of an In-Vegas adjustment being made. Do it once and then copy to a different ID and change that.

It really does depend on how many IDs. Apart from which, my solution does give Rob the option to try out a Vegas way.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Rob Lindsay
on Nov 18, 2016 at 11:30:38 pm

yes Steve, your example is what I'm after. I dont see a mask button on the fX interface, but if yoiu can show me how you did that ID strip, i will try to repeat it.

Thank you,

Rob

Rob

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Nov 19, 2016 at 4:52:33 am

[Rokb Lindsay] "I dont see a mask button on the fX interface,"
As I said, in VegasPro 12 it's in Pan/Crop. Do you see Masking there in VegasPro 11?

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Rob Lindsay
on Nov 21, 2016 at 2:14:16 am

Yes i see a mask click box in the pan/crop interface.

Rob

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Nov 21, 2016 at 7:32:39 am

[Rob Lindsay] "Yes i see a mask click box in the pan/crop interface."
That's good!

Workflow Tutorial: Here's a 2-Stage workflow that once setup you can copy and paste one Text event to another Timeline location, change the Information and move to the next Lower Third, and all the while staying within Vegas:
Making a Decision: How many Lower Thirds do you require and how many information changes are needed? Depending on your workflows and if you employ "another" person to do your Photoshop work, or if you are very quick and comfortable with a Graphics Package, Steve's suggestion has time saving options. However, if you have many information changes, and like me, you are a one-man-band, then potentially the method above has many merits and at the very least will allow you to make this a no-brainer when you need to do another L3 in the future.

Do keep me informed as to which approach helped you for your circumstances. Always good for others who read these pages as to what they could be doing too!

NB: You will see reference to a BCC FX that's the Boris thing - you can ignore that!

* Grazie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]