FORUMS: list search recent posts

CMOS fixer

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Bansemer
CMOS fixer
on Nov 17, 2016 at 7:48:43 pm
Last Edited By Roger Bansemer on Nov 17, 2016 at 7:49:20 pm

I purchased Mercalli V4 a month or so back and now with my new computer am installing it. The Mercalli installed fine but the CMOSfixer will not accept my serial number.
This is not a separate purchase is it?
I'm hoping not because Mercalli doesn't seem to stabilize very well at all.

It looks like from their tutorial that the CMOSfixer can be used instead of the stabilizer. Am I right in this?
I'd like to call the company but of course there's no phone number except in Germany.

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
Re: CMOS fixer
on Nov 17, 2016 at 8:41:26 pm

it is a separate product unless you purchased it in a bundle

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Nov 17, 2016 at 9:15:23 pm

Hi Roger,

Aleksey is probably correct......

Recently you posted about installing Vegas Pro 14. Did you get the Mercalli 4 as a bundle with VP14, or did you purchase the Mercalli 4 Vegas Plug-in.

Mercalli 4 +SAL (stand alone), Mercalli 4 Vegas Plug-in, and Mercalli 4 CMOS fixr Vegas plug-in are available in a Suite bundle from ProDad.

If you just purchased the Mercalli 4 Vegas Plug-in, as far as I know, it does not include the CMOS fixr, as the CMOS fixr plug-in is sold separate (except in the bundle Suite package).

If you got the Mercalli 4 plug-in as packaged from Magix with Vegas Pro 14, I have no idea what they include.

Do you have separate serial numbers? My Vegas Pro 13 Mercalli 4 plug-in has a different serial number than my CMOS fixr plug-in.

Best Regards........George

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Nov 17, 2016 at 9:32:33 pm

I must have purchased the Mercalli only and not the CMOSfixer. That must be the problem. I purchased a few months ago before V14 came out.
Is the CMOSfixer something that makes a big difference. Seems like Mercalli has gone from one simple step in Version 2
to having to do two steps now to correct shaky footage.
I haven't ventured in to V14 yet as I'm not sure all my plugins, etc. will work and I don't want to get into situations where V14 might now work to get my programs to PBS.
Roger

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Nov 17, 2016 at 9:41:06 pm

Best Regards........George

I'm not going to be of much help with that question, hopefully Aleksey or another member will contribute.

I have the Mercalli stand alone version as well as the plug-ins, but I can't remember using the plug-ins, just the stand alone and that has the CMOS correction automatic.

I also remember when I first started using Mercalli 4 +SAL, I had to watch several tutorials before I got a satisfactory result, as I was over-compensating.

I know this isn't much help, sorry.....

Best Regards.....George

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Nov 17, 2016 at 10:59:41 pm

Sounds like you have not purchased V14 yet. If you did before tomorrow you'll get Mercalli CMOS fixer in the deal .. Once installed it will also work in V13. Fairly sure about that. At least it seems to for me.

V14 will cost you $249 and would include CMOS fixer but you can buy CMOS fixer separately for $120 right now.

I have the Mercalli and frankly I like Sony's Stablizer better for my use. It's faster and easier to use than Mercalli. Of course, I don't have tons of really problem footage either. Real Problem footage is where I think Mercalli shines if you spend the time to learn how to handle it.

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Nov 20, 2016 at 9:06:48 am

I purchased V13 when they were offering V14 for a free upgrade but never installed V14 not knowing that Mercalli came with it. So I spent quite a bit of money buying Mercalli unnecessarily.

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Nov 19, 2016 at 11:45:44 pm

Roger,

See if you can find that email still from your purchase. I got the Mercalli suite that included v4 SAL and the Sony Vegas Plugins. At the time, I was not sure if I was staying with Sony Vegas, so I started purchasing items that would work with other NLEs. Anyway, I go a separate key for each component in the suite.

I've been happy with Mercalli v4, but in my case I use the stand alone version (SAL). I use it to stabilize all the soccer game footage before adding it to my timeline. I don't use it often enough to remember how to avoid it reanalyzing multiple times on the timeline as a plugin.

Return to posts index

Mark Wilson
on Nov 20, 2016 at 1:12:17 am

@ Roger Bansemer

I use mercalli v4 plug-in all the time, but have yet to find a use for the cmos fixer plug-in- I guess there must be a case where it helps, but not for me (GH4 and Gopro Hero 3+ footage).

Also, the CMOS fixer is REALLY SLOW, so not fun to work with on the timeline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]