FORUMS: list search recent posts

Long iphone 6s plus .mov will not import to VP12. Getting horrible audio drift when transcoding in AME - what to do?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lori Lin
Long iphone 6s plus .mov will not import to VP12. Getting horrible audio drift when transcoding in AME - what to do?
on Nov 17, 2016 at 12:40:07 pm
Last Edited By Lori Lin on Nov 17, 2016 at 1:24:40 pm

EDIT
Here is a workaround I found so far. Open the .mov in Quicktime Pro 7, and use "save as" to save it as a "reference movie". That creates a small .mov file that is somehow connected to the original, so you can't just delete the original. I kept the reference movie in the same folder as the original.
In Vegas Pro 12, I can open and edit the "reference movie" and is syncs fine. I texted exporting a section of it as a Sony MXF file and it synced perfectly.
Note that VP 12 does not recognize the reference movie .mov when I try to import with the import dialog. You have to drag the clip into the project media window or onto the timeline from Windows Explorer.

I have NO IDEA what the reference movie is doing. And it would be nice to have a direct option to transcode from AME or Premiere or AE.

In any case, it's nice to have at least some kind of workaround so I can get to doing some actual work!

OMG, this is a real bummer. I have some 20+ minute clips filmed with my iphone 6s plus. VP 12 will not open them. I've tried transcoding to DNxHD movs in AME, but then get horrible audio drift. Have changed every setting I can think of when encoding, but the problem persists.

The odd thing is that SHORT clips I've filmed with the same phone and same settings will open in VP 12.

Has anyone run into this before? Any solutions about how I can either get these long files open in VP 12, or transcode them to an intermediate format that WILL work without the audio drift?

Thanks in advance,
Lori

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: Long iphone 6s plus .mov will not import to VP12. Getting horrible audio drift when transcoding in AME - what to do?
on Nov 17, 2016 at 1:27:27 pm

Getting horrible audio drift when transcoding....

I think it's because of variable frame rate - Try open your file in Quicktime, goto save as ! Framerate is no longer variable !

20+ minute clips filmed with my iphone 6s plus. VP 12 will not open them...

It's the 32bit Quicktime problem in Vegas ! Changing the extension to .mpg - so you do not use Quicktime engine - maybe it will help ?

Return to posts index

Lori Lin
Re: Long iphone 6s plus .mov will not import to VP12. Getting horrible audio drift when transcoding in AME - what to do?
on Nov 17, 2016 at 1:34:11 pm

Hi Ole, thanks! I think you posted while I was editing my original message. I'm working now with the "save as reference movie" think in Quicktime Pro 7. It's working great so far, but I'm gonna transcode to mxf anyway once I get the source clips in. I have a long, complicated project to do and have had so much trouble with .movs through the years that I just want to avoid those suckers! :-p

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Nov 17, 2016 at 1:50:41 pm

Yes, I was too slow !

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Nov 17, 2016 at 5:15:06 pm

Another option is to transcode in Handbrake, choosing constant framerate, and then the MP4 container. Resulting files play very well in Vegas thus avoiding MOV.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]