FORUMS: list search recent posts

Very Herky Jerky Video Playback

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dave croonprince
Very Herky Jerky Video Playback
on Nov 15, 2016 at 10:15:39 pm

I'm editing with Sony Vegas 13. Video playback has been fine until recently but now the playback is impossibly lagging and herky jerky (like practically not moving at all). The only thing I've done lately is downloaded Neat Video for reducing visual noise but I'm not even using that plug in at the moment and the playback is awful. How can I fix this? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Very Herky Jerky Video Playback
on Nov 16, 2016 at 2:40:46 am

There are lots of simple answers, like is your preview window set for "preview" or "best" .. "preview" has less lag.

Dynamic Ram can effect preview ..

What media are you using -- HiDef? 4K? .. You might consider using a Proxy file.

Here's a video that may help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woLl10FN3I0

There is lots more help too. Google "Sony Vegas Preview Lag"

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Nov 16, 2016 at 3:39:24 am

Paul is correct. Starting from having smooth playback, to it being not so good, is evidence that Vegas is being challenged by a combination of Content, Project Settings, RAM availability and Preview Settings.

I've got to ask, why have you felt it necessary to download NV? Have you got specifically noisy material? Have you added any FX that has produced produced noisy, and therefore potentially hardware-demanding Previewing?

We need more information.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

dave croonprince
on Nov 16, 2016 at 4:40:43 am

I'm going to try the proxy files and see if that can do it. I got NV because of a project that had shots that were just too dark. Lightening them really made the noise pop out so NV worked very well with that. Also I think NV will be good in general to make shots a little cleaner. I did notice the lagging/freezing when I was first using NV but I'm not using it at all with this project. In fact right now I haven't added any effects yet in the project i.e. pan/crop, brightness/contrast, color correction etc. but it was really just not moving at all. One thing I am using for it is a WAV audio file (it's a music video). Could that be slowing things down?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Nov 16, 2016 at 7:15:52 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Nov 16, 2016 at 7:53:39 am

Great detail Dave. Thank you.

This is a musicvid. Have you matched the Project Settings to the video? Does your Audio stream sampling rate match your project settings? It might be an issue.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]