FORUMS: list search recent posts

Should I be rendering settings based on how I shot the footage?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniyal Shaikh
Should I be rendering settings based on how I shot the footage?
on Nov 13, 2016 at 4:17:16 pm

So I captured video as 1080 with an fps of 23.976.

I've seen some settings templates and videos for Best Youtube rendering and they use 60p HD, and I don't think the quality of my videos falls under that category. What would happen if I use these rendering settings?

Am I losing quality? Am I not optimally rendering? If so, what is the best to know what settings are best appropriate with the footage i'm working with?

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: Should I be rendering settings based on how I shot the footage?
on Nov 13, 2016 at 10:46:51 pm

Unless there is another reason to change the fps, render as the same as your source. Rendering 23.97 as 60 fps will not improve your video. 60 fps video usually appears smoother for fast motion during playback, but it requires you to record at that same higher fps.

If you are filming fast motion such as racing or sports and your camera has the capability to record at 60 fps, then that type of video will usually look better on YouTube. It has to start in the camera. As you have already filmed at 23.97, then render at that same speed and send it to YouTube.

Best Regards.....George

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Should I be rendering settings based on how I shot the footage?
on Nov 14, 2016 at 12:03:11 am

[George Dean] "As you have already filmed at 23.97, then render at that same speed and send it to YouTube."
+1

Solid advice. It is what it is. Don't try and make it something it isn't. Render the same format as your source. That's the best quality you have to offer.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]