FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hi once again, velocity (just wanna freeze last frame for a fre seconds or so)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Harrington
Hi once again, velocity (just wanna freeze last frame for a fre seconds or so)
on Nov 10, 2016 at 11:49:18 pm

Ok I have pro, and I can set velocity,

I decided to try dragging the clip out further to have area to give freeze time for the clip to last an extra few seconds but it's very buggy.

Just want the clip to end with some extra time at the last frame, like say old tv shows would after someone has the last word before the credits start lol.

Any thoughts?

Making a MENTOS parody if you are that curious. LOL.

TYIA as always

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Hi once again, velocity (just wanna freeze last frame for a fre seconds or so)
on Nov 11, 2016 at 4:28:35 am
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Nov 11, 2016 at 4:30:05 am

Another way, and the way I often do it, is to set the Event to where I want it to end, right click on the Event and create a Subclip. Right-click the event again and choose Properties from the shortcut menu and uncheck Looping. I can now extend/pull-out the "end" of the Event as far or as little as I want. I prefer this method as it doesn't introduce the possibility of me messing up the positional effect of the Velocity envelope.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Adam Harrington
Re: Hi once again, velocity (just wanna freeze last frame for a fre seconds or so)
on Nov 11, 2016 at 4:58:40 am

TY!!
Actually though, I accidentally found out that if you just uncheck looping without doing a subclip that works by itself.

I was but the learner, now I am the master..Just kidding 😃
But yeah I didn't create a subclip by my own ignorance and just dragged it and from turning looping off I have an infinite last image now 😃

TY so much!!!!

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Nov 11, 2016 at 5:11:23 am

You're very welcome!
[Adam Harrington] "Actually though, I accidentally found out that if you just uncheck looping without doing a subclip that works by itself."
Yes, of course, if your Event is already the length you require, no "need" for the Subclip, I suggested it just in case it wasn't the length you had.

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Adam Harrington
on Nov 11, 2016 at 5:14:35 am
Last Edited By Adam Harrington on Nov 11, 2016 at 5:15:57 am

Ahhhhh!! OK thanks. 😃 Someone should sticky this in a thread of simple questions, simple answers.

Youtube and such was a runaround, they should make one.

SO if it was in the middle of the video i right click and subclicp where the part is.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Nov 11, 2016 at 5:43:47 am

[Adam Harrington] "SO if it was in the middle of the video i right click and subclicp where the part is."
You've gotta do a Split! So in the middle and not the end, I'd maybe use an alternative method. VeloEnvel is a great tool for this, but you've got to do further adjustments to keep the edit the way you want it - changing play lengths has effects further down the Event! The other alternative is to Split>Capture Still>Import Still>Stretch Still>Realign remaining Event. Messy.....

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Nov 11, 2016 at 5:16:55 am

If what you want is to "freeze" the last frame of an event for a few seconds, then find the last frame of the event on the timeline. Do a "save snapshot to file" in the the Video. Use this still image to extend the last frame of the event for as long as you like. ---- or

You can use a velocity envelope - Find the last frame of the event .. ZOOM the timeline way in so that you have room to place two points next to each other -- Add the velocity envelope -- create a point set to "normal velocity" at the beginning of the last frame. Create a second point next to it. Drag the second point so it is directly under the first point forming a straight vertical line from the first point down to the second point directly under it. Set the second point to Zero Velocity. Now you can drag the end of the event (the freeze frame) to any length you desire.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]