FORUMS: list search recent posts

Youtube has changed?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Turnidge
Youtube has changed?
on Nov 7, 2016 at 5:13:24 pm

I have uploaded to YouTube directly from Vegas for years. Within the last month it doesn't work any more. I get ALL THE WAY through render and upload...and at the last moment an error dialog appears:

YouTube Upload Error
And error occured while uploading your file to YouTube:
The remote server returned an error: (410) Gone.

Not only that, but when I use the "Save" option on the error dialog, the saved render has no audio??? (YouTube_Upload.mp4). I have attempted AVI and MP4 with the same results. One problem is that I have relied on UltimateS for my rendering tasks, and therefore do not really know what's under the cover that I may be doing or failing to do...

When this started happening, it seems that Vegas lost ALL its settings. Ultimate S was gone. It seemed like most everything was returned to standard settings.

I hope someone has endured this problem before, and has a resolution.

Thank all you folks for being there.

Dave

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Youtube has changed?
on Nov 7, 2016 at 6:40:59 pm

Well, there's a thing! I have reproed Dave's issue with the 410 Error. Anybody have a clue?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Dave Turnidge
on Nov 7, 2016 at 6:52:28 pm

Found that the upload to YouTube option is no longer in Vegas 14. Could someone please explain what has happened with this???

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Nov 7, 2016 at 7:45:36 pm

Hi,
I use this this:
https://github.com/tokland/youtube-upload/
to upload to youtube.
It runs on my Ubuntu based homeserver. There's a cron job, that runs every 2 minutes which monitors a folder, and if there's a file there, it calls Tokland uploader, and that uploads the file to my channel.
Maybe a bit tricky to set up, but very convenient afterwards. Just copy the file to that folder (shared on my network), and forget it. Youtube then sends the mail, when the file got uploaded :)

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Nov 7, 2016 at 8:17:28 pm

Hi Dave,

I have no explanation why this doesn't work in Magix v14, but I do know it was common for it not to work well for some in previous Sony versions. Some, like yourself, never had a problem, others like myself, it never did work!

Also, I found out that I got better render quality control by using other render templates or methods, such as, the Vegas2Handbrake script process, and then manually uploading to YouTube, as to the automatic process offer in Movie Studio and Vegas.

It was my understanding that YouTube continues to change the method and procedures for their uploads and Sony did not keep up with the changes. I don't know this to be fact, just what I have read on various forum threads. There have been many complaints about it.

Best Regards.....George

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Nov 7, 2016 at 8:25:54 pm

[George Dean] "I have no explanation why this doesn't work in Magix v14"
It's been removed. It's no longer an option.

I too use the Vegas2Handbrake and easily produce MP4 for manual upload.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Red-Rob Rothkopf
on Nov 10, 2016 at 4:53:56 pm

I'd love if someone were to post a quality comparison using Vegas2Handbreak vs. the H.264 "Internet 720" template native to Vegas. I've been using the latter for a while and I thought the quality was pretty darned good.. maybe I've just not had a decent comparsion? :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]