FORUMS: list search recent posts

"File not Found" Sony Vegas 13 Project :'(

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shay Scholes
"File not Found" Sony Vegas 13 Project :'(
on Nov 6, 2016 at 10:24:38 pm

Help! When I tried to open a sony vegas Project I'd finished, it says "file not found". It does this for the normal and the .bak, and in the appdata folder there is no restored or autosaved version of it at all for some reason ?However I know the file isn't just gone because I can right-click it and see the properties and it has a file size, but for some reason just vegas can't find it. My sony doesn't need any updates either. The only cause could be I had rendered about 1/12 of the video, but then cancelled it properly, saved my project normally, and closed out vegas the correct way, but I don't understand why that would have corrupted the file?

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: "File not Found" Sony Vegas 13 Project :'(
on Nov 7, 2016 at 12:58:10 am

Hi Shay

Could you be more specific about what type of file or files Vegas can't find ? Screen capture of the error message would help.

Cheers !

PC Win 7 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Shay Scholes
on Nov 7, 2016 at 1:10:53 am

Yes, here it is. And specifically what it can't find is the entire project ?

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Nov 7, 2016 at 6:36:11 am

Can you open other project files in that same directory that this file is in? Are you noticing other problems with files on that drive, perhaps run a check on the file system via properties on that drive.

It could be that something is keeping Sony Vegas from reading the file. I would try making a copy of the file in Windows Explorer and see if you can open that copy or if you get an error trying to copy the file. If you get an error copying the file, perhaps an AntiVirus program thinks the file is infected (likely a false positive - not really infected) If that happens to be the case then update the virus definitions or temporarily disable the AntiVirus software to see if that is the case. If you have another system that you could install Vegas on, then you could see if that system opens that project file.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Nov 7, 2016 at 11:41:13 am

Do you have an external drive on your system that some or all the video content for this project is on?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on Nov 7, 2016 at 12:06:50 pm

Hi Shay

Instead of double clicking on the .VEG file or starting it from the Vegas file dropdown menu, open the folder where the .VEG file is located and drag it in the Vegas time line window.

Sometimes, the .VEG file location get screwed up...

Keep us posted !

PC Win 7 64-bit 16gb Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]