FORUMS: list search recent posts

Samsung Galaxy S7 in SonyVegas Magix. Problem with pixels, focus

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrej Lad
Samsung Galaxy S7 in SonyVegas Magix. Problem with pixels, focus
on Nov 5, 2016 at 9:16:39 pm

Hi everyone. Please help. I use sonyvegas quite a lot. So i recently i came across this problem i, first time tried to edit a video which i have recorded from my Samsung galaxy s7. The video is in HD quality everything is super fine. Playing on computer without a problem.

But when i made a new project inserted the video i noticed sony vegas is kinda trying to focus the video, its like making it good, then it goes into bad quality/sharpness and pixels are visible as if its a lag (not much) i guess there is something i could turn off. i tried many things such as disable re sample and other few things. Still does the same. On my friends phone Sony it done the same but not as much as on mines.

just to add (Wondershare Video Editor) had no problems with it, it worked perfectly. But i prefer sony vegas. It's not videos fault i tried on various players etc. only sony vegas does that.

This is all happening with a sec

Here is the video please let me know what i could do or try. maybe it's something simple to turn off or on
10762_samsunggalaxys7.mp4.zip

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 in SonyVegas Magix. Problem with pixels, focus
on Nov 7, 2016 at 7:20:16 am

Your frame rate is 29.872 fps, while some players will compensate for this error, Vegas is more accurate and does not. I would try and figure out why your camera is shooting at this non standard frame rate. Is it by error, or design?

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Nov 7, 2016 at 9:17:09 am

The smartphone is shooting with variable frame rate because it use the frame rate for
exposer compensation. For better control over the smartphone, when shooting video, you
need a app like Filmic Pro - where you can set to constant frame rate.

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Nov 7, 2016 at 10:28:21 am

Hi,

In addition to the above, I tried the file in Vegas 10, 13, 14, Potplayer, VLC player, and also my dedicated media player box Popcorn Hour. All of them showed the exact same artifcats, so I would say the file itself is defect.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Andrej Lad
on Nov 7, 2016 at 11:48:06 am

Hi. No its not a problem 29fps. Just changed settings on the phone to record in 60fps and it done the same. Previously i recorded in FHD 1920x1080 now i selected option on the phone FHD 1920x1080 (60fps)
Other options
UHD 3840x2160
QHD 2560x1440
1:1 1440x1440
HD 1280x720 >> sony vegas does it same in this quality also ?
VGA 640x480

maybe get some codecs? only windows media player worked perfectly at the start and then lagged with pixels, MPC player doesnt perform well also nor does VLC. Laptop is high spec with good graphics card so it shouldnt be a problem with hardware.

Return to posts index

Andrej Lad
on Nov 7, 2016 at 10:59:07 pm

here is the ORIGINAL SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 VIDEO (not edited) . Please let me know if anything is possible to do with sony vegas to fix those lags in the video.

10768_20161107115904.mp4.zip

Return to posts index

László Kovács
on Nov 8, 2016 at 6:14:34 am

Hi,

this file is played fine in my Vegas14, 13, as well as in Potplayer, and also on my Popcorn Hour.
Vegas10 detects it wrongly as 120fps, but other than that it plays fine, without artifacts.

Best regards

László Kovács

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Nov 8, 2016 at 10:10:20 am

Here's the media info of your clip !

Return to posts index

Andrej Lad
on Nov 8, 2016 at 10:37:05 am

What I could do to get rid of them lags? Because it seems it uses highest frames then drops them and repeats it. Is there a way I could fix it? I know someone mentioned to use a specific app to set frames.

Andrej Lad

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Nov 8, 2016 at 10:47:02 am

You can try with filmic Pro app

Return to posts index

Andrej Lad
on Nov 8, 2016 at 11:21:21 am

any other alternative possible solutions ? instead of using external apps. But it's strange that professional software such as sony vegas has this problem. As wondershare didnt have this problem and its very simple software.

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Nov 8, 2016 at 5:03:37 pm

"But it's strange that professional software such as sony vegas has this problem."

Maybe, but Samsung Galaxy S7, is not a professional video camera !

Return to posts index

Andrej Lad
on Nov 8, 2016 at 5:07:39 pm

I am aware of that. IPhone camera did not have this problem with Sony Vegas. I will try this one resolve it somehow. Will update here if I figure it out

Andrej Lad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]