FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which render template in Vegas 13 Pro is closest to this? or can I replicate exactly? Thank you.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda Duffield
Which render template in Vegas 13 Pro is closest to this? or can I replicate exactly? Thank you.
on Nov 3, 2016 at 2:48:24 am

Hi,

I've imported a video that has these settings:

Format : Windows Media
File size : 21.9 MiB
Duration : 4mn 5s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 748 Kbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 1 109 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2016-10-31 09:50:25.486

Video
ID : 1
Format : VC-1
Format profile : MP@ML
Codec ID : WMV3
Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Video 9
Codec ID/Hint : WMV3
Description of the codec : Windows Media Video 9
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 388 Kbps
Width : 640 pixels
Height : 484 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate mode : Variable
Nominal frame rate : 10.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Compression mode : Lossy
Language : English (AU)

Audio
ID : 2
Format : WMA
Format version : Version 2
Codec ID : 161
Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Audio
Description of the codec : Windows Media Audio 9.2 - 320 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo (A/V) 1-pass CBR
Duration : 4mn 5s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 320 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 9.36 MiB (43%)
Language : English (AU)

I've added some titles and text over the top and now would like to re-render it in Vegas 13 Pro.
When I drop the footage into Vegas it asks 'do I want to keep the same settings' (or something similar) and I choose 'yes'.
Then, when I render I try to choose 'match project settings' however it says it cannot do that.
So, I then tried to manually make my own template using these settings however i wasn't successful.

Can anyone tell me which render template in Vegas 13 Pro is closest to this or, how I can make my own using these settings? I'm wondering if some things are labelled differently, I couldn't replicate exactly.

Actually, I just have to get this footage @ 50mb or less and still have the titles and text crisp and clear. This is actually my main concern - I don't really mind what format it is as long as it's 'generic', clear, and useable for downloading and then playing on teachers' own computers/electronic-whiteboards.

Once I've added the titles and rendered - I'm choosing the wmv options however they're all rendering way too large.

THanks.

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Which render template in Vegas 13 Pro is closest to this? or can I replicate exactly? Thank you.
on Nov 3, 2016 at 9:13:33 am

Hi Amanda

Anyway that you can post a screen capture of your Vegas render settings ?

Cheers !

PC Win 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 550 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Amanda Duffield
Re: Which render template in Vegas 13 Pro is closest to this? or can I replicate exactly? Thank you.
on Nov 4, 2016 at 12:24:53 am

thank you . yes. i will do that when back at that machine/workplace

Return to posts index

John Norton
on Nov 3, 2016 at 12:19:22 pm

I assume u have already tried in render as .. tried selecting the = equals option?

Return to posts index

Amanda Duffield
on Nov 4, 2016 at 12:23:19 am

thanks. yes, I get an error message - something along the lines of 'cannot match...'.
Not at that machine work location today but will confirm when I can.

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Nov 4, 2016 at 2:07:31 pm

You may need to take these larger Vegas renders and then use something like HandBrake to get to your final result. HandBrake has more options to match your final specs.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Nov 5, 2016 at 2:07:19 pm

[Amanda Duffield] "Can anyone tell me which render template in Vegas 13 Pro is closest to this or, how I can make my own using these settings? I'm wondering if some things are labelled differently, I couldn't replicate exactly."
Hi Amanda, You will need to create a custom template. To do this go to File | Render As... and under Windows Media Video V11 (*.wmv) select the 512 Kbps Video template as a starting point and press the Customize Template... button.

Then make the following changes assuming your project is correctly set to 640x484:

On the Video tab change:
  • Mode: Bit rate VBR

• Format: Windows Media Video 9

• Image size: (Keep Original Size)

• Frame rate (fps): 10.000

• Average bit rate (bps): 388 K

Give the Template a new name and press Save to save it to your list. This should give you the original video specs.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]