FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrading Vegas Pro 12 to 14

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Peterson
Upgrading Vegas Pro 12 to 14
on Oct 29, 2016 at 4:20:45 pm

I've been gone awhile, so I apologize for this question which has probably already been answered. If I want to upgrade to VP 14, how do I find the discount price?

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
Re: Upgrading Vegas Pro 12 to 14
on Oct 29, 2016 at 4:52:32 pm

here

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Oct 29, 2016 at 5:43:32 pm

Hi Bob,

As Aleksey posted, the current price for Magix Vegas Pro 14 is $249, Magix Vegas Pro 14 Edit $199, and Magix Vegas Pro 14 Suite is $349. They list it as an 'upgrade', but there are many who feel for what is included, these packages are over priced. I feel the same way and have decided not to purchase from Magix. However, there are others who feel it is worth the cost. Magix first introduced this deal, late in September, expiring October 16th. Then they extended the deal to October 31st. It appears now they have again extended this deal to November 18th.

Having time before this deal expires, you may want to consider downloading the free trial version and trying it out. There are some improved features, some bug fixes over v13, some new bugs introduced with v14, and it is missing some features that many Vegas users thought would be included, such as better GPU support, which seem to still be missing.

I purchased Sony Vegas Pro 13 full version (not a upgrade) in December of 2015 for $192 USD. Then Magix offered me this supposedly upgrade for $249 to v14! Just doesn't sound like a very good deal consider there are very few improvements over v13 for me. But, as I also mentioned, other users feel it is worth the price and are hoping Magix will issue updates to fix additional bugs and perhaps improve the features they seek. I tried the trial version and decided not to purchase. You may try trial version and be completely satisfied. Good luck on your decision.

Best Regards.......George

Return to posts index

Peter Honig
on Nov 3, 2016 at 5:11:19 pm

I (like many others) find Vegas 14 to be an overwhelming disappointment in both quality and price. You may want to consider the Vegas 13 upgrade for $179 instead, which is still available from B&H Photo.

Peter

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Nov 3, 2016 at 5:21:17 pm

Peter Honig @ You may want to consider the Vegas 13 upgrade for $179 instead, which is still available from B&H Photo.

Also, if you don't want the few extras, B&H has the Vegas Pro 13 Edit upgrade for $154.95 USD.

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]