FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProRes Audio not Showing Up in Vegas 14

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David West
ProRes Audio not Showing Up in Vegas 14
on Oct 28, 2016 at 10:29:25 am

I'm having a bizarre problem with some ProRes LT files that I show with my A7S/Ninja Flame setup. When I bring the files into Vegas 14, only one audio track appears, and that track has no sound whatsoever. This scared the hell out of me at first, but when I dragged the very same files into Vegas 12 (I never upgraded to 13), 4 audio tracks appeared just as they always have. The top two tracks are empty, and the bottom two tracks have my sound just like they should. Does anyone know why this is happening? What is the fix here? Why aren't all 4 audio channels showing up in Vegas 14?

As I'd like to continue using and familiarizing myself with Vegas 14 and I have a couple videos I need to finish in the next few days, for the time being I guess I'll just render out an audio track from Vegas 12 and drop it in to Vegas 14. I really want to get this fixed, though, as that's obviously a pretty stupid workflow.

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: ProRes Audio not Showing Up in Vegas 14
on Oct 28, 2016 at 10:43:29 am

Hi David

Why do you use prores on a windows based system and not dnxhd/dnxhr ?

Return to posts index

David West
on Oct 28, 2016 at 10:53:33 am

I've used DNxHD for the last few projects I've used my Ninja Flame on (I've only had it a few weeks), but since one of the selling points of Vegas 14 is that it has native ProRes support I figured I'd give it a shot. I wish I'd just shot these in DNxHD, though, as dropping some of my older DNxHD files into Vegas 14 shows the audio working just fine. That's kind of aside the point though because ProRes editing in Vegas usually works just fine.

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Oct 28, 2016 at 11:09:52 am

Thanks for your reply.

Native ProRes support! I lack the ability to export the prores.

Best,
Ole

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Oct 28, 2016 at 12:21:06 pm

[Ole Kristiansen] "Native ProRes support! I lack the ability to export the prores."
Yea, it's read-only and I question how good this first generation technology is.

I have to agree, people who shoot ProRes should buy a Mac. You should not be using ProRes with Windows. Its just asking for trouble.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

salim samou
on Oct 28, 2016 at 5:59:58 pm

So true, really Pro res is hard to work with on windows, esp 4k pro res hq and 422.. hd pro res was ok to work with in vegas pro, but now i have a film we shot in 4k pro res from fs700 and with 16 cores and 24gb ram i only can see 8-10fps while editing at best, what would you guys think I should do here, (for next time I know not to film pro res 4k for windows) but its a 15 min short and it looks like is gonna be a headache to edit as is (almost 1 tb of footage), any tips ?

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Oct 28, 2016 at 7:47:40 pm

[salim samou] "what would you guys think I should do here, (for next time I know not to film pro res 4k for windows) but its a 15 min short and it looks like is gonna be a headache to edit as is (almost 1 tb of footage), any tips ?"
If the file loads into Vegas Pro 12 then I would convert it there into a Windows friendly format that Vegas Pro 14 can edit.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

salim samou
on Oct 30, 2016 at 3:54:55 pm

By the way, going to the idea of pro res and windows dont mix, for fun i downloaded the free version of resolve 12 , and dropped same pro res 4k clips that vegas pro is having a hard time with , and they played real smooth, full 24fps , and no drops...so , not sure what to think here

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Oct 30, 2016 at 4:10:01 pm

Hi salim

DaVinci Resolve 12.5.1 now uses its own native 64-bit code to read and write .mov files

It adds ProRes decoding on Windows and no longer requires QuickTime 7 for Windows.
So Windows users can now run Resolve without installing QuickTime.

Return to posts index

salim samou
on Oct 30, 2016 at 4:27:18 pm

Thats nice... hope to get to that level of smooth editing and playback as in resolve in future vegas pro , vegas 14 really didn't make a difference in editing pro res for my system (tested it while in trial run) compared to vegas 12 and 13 ..the question is will vegas get to that level with regards to pro res in future releases ...

Return to posts index

George Dean
on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:09:02 pm

Hi David,

If you switch your Ninja Flame to record stereo, those L/R stereo channels should appear in Vegas v14. If you have a future purpose for the 4 channel capability of the Ninja Flame, then you will need to go back to v12, but I don't think you can get 4 channel audio from the A7S, or am I mistaken?

Of course the native ProRes doesn't include DNx, which still requires the 32 bit Quicktime. And, like John, I am skeptical of the Magix v14 native ProRes. It seems to work, but my trial v14 run out before I could test it further.

Best Regards.....George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]