FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error creating proxy file (GH4 4K, synced in Pluraleyes)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Lorian
Error creating proxy file (GH4 4K, synced in Pluraleyes)
on Oct 27, 2016 at 3:32:19 am
Last Edited By Alex Lorian on Oct 27, 2016 at 3:35:56 am

I am getting an error when trying to add 4k footage to my 1080p project and the error is "Error creating proxy file for a stream, cause of error unknown". This is on Movie Studio 13.

This is only happening (I think) on certain footage which was shot with a particular audio recorder (A zoom, but I forget which one) and synced through Pluraleyes. The original unsynced footage works fine, as does footage done with a different audio recorder. The synced footage still plays in VLC.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Do I just have to use media encoder to re-render the footage? If so, could someone help me with how to do this without changing the look of the footage at all, just the format? Even if I choose to use same settings, it still renders out with different looking colours and the footage does not look quite the same.

Return to posts index

Alex Lorian
Re: Error creating proxy file (GH4 4K, synced in Pluraleyes)
on Oct 30, 2016 at 2:31:03 pm

I have now encountered this issue with footage from a different mixer. Please help.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Oct 30, 2016 at 3:32:15 pm

Try creating a new project with the same video resolution and framerate as the video clips you're having this issue with and importing them? Will they import without an error? If not, you have a codec issue.

Danny Hays
Samples of my Work can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ErnestDaniels/videos?view_as=public

Return to posts index

Alex Lorian
on Oct 31, 2016 at 5:15:48 am

I had been making 1080p timelines but I did a 4k timeline to match and the same thing happened.

Interestingly, the footage I mentioned in my second post I had previously edited in the program several months ago and it was working fine then, but I have since removed the metadata file and re-imported the clips. My question is how come this footage is not working but ONLY once it has been Pluraleyes and ONLY some of it and ONLY now and not when I imported some of the same footage months ago? They should come out as the exact same format.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Nov 1, 2016 at 3:28:35 am

If some footage will load into Vegas and some won't, Use Mediainfo or GSPOT to analyze your file formats. The ones that do work, and don't, will show a different codec most likely. Whatever you do, don't install any codec packs as they can change some good Vegas working ones with ones that don't. This codec topic has been brought up by many respected forum leaders over the years. You can try system a restore to a time when you liked what worked in Vegas, or you can see what works now and use the info from mediainfo or GSPOT to find the missing codec.
You can find GSPOT 2.70 here,

http://www.videohelp.com/software/GSpot

and Mediainfo here,

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

GSpot will run as a portable if you keep it in the extracted folder with the other files but Mediainfo needs to be installed.

I have been making an Image backup anytime my PC has a new program and runs great, even if I later find other problems due to it. This gives you the option to go back to anytime when it worked the best, and start from there again. Hard drive space is so cheap now days. Windows 7 names them all Windows System Image, so I rename it to WSI xx/xx/xx what worked. Then rename it Windows System Image when I want to restore from it as that is what the rescue disc will look for. Hope this helps, Danny Hays Happy Halloween everybody!

Danny Hays
Samples of my Work can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ErnestDaniels/videos?view_as=public

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]