FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to edit project created in Vegas 7

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Ollary
Need to edit project created in Vegas 7
on Oct 27, 2016 at 12:42:04 am

Hi all,

I'm not a professional editor, but have an important video that has been created in Vegas 7.

I have that old .veg 7 file that I have to use in order to build on the previous work (it's a lot).

I don't have the PC with Vegas 7 anymore that was used with that file..

Can someone please let me know which Vegas release works well with .veg files from Vegas 7, that I should buy in order to work on a file previously created in Vegas 7.

Should I go to Vegas 9, 12, or?

I'm on Windows 10.

I would appreciate your help!
Thank you
marc

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Need to edit project created in Vegas 7
on Oct 27, 2016 at 2:14:10 am

Any version that's version 7 or newer will be able to open your file. I can't speak for 8 or 9 but know that any version newer than 10 will work with Windows 10. Try sites like Amazon or B&H for older versions to purchase.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Oct 30, 2016 at 4:09:45 pm

I have noticed some small changes from an old Vegas Pro 8 file in Vegas Pro 13, like making a video look like a six display video wall with a small gap between each section. When opened in 13, these gaps were not perfect in size like they were when I made them in 8. But with some small adjustments in my track motion settings, I got it back exactly the way it was. I was surprised that track size and position would change when the numbers designating them did not.

Danny Hays

Danny Hays
Samples of my Work can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ErnestDaniels/videos?view_as=public

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Oct 30, 2016 at 4:56:57 pm

You'll need all the source material that the .veg file refers too as well as the correct CODECs installed on the computer that you use to do the new edit. I have lots of legacy projects created in Vegas 7 & 8 -- some of the material no longer previews on my pc as the file formats are no longer supported.

Do you have all the original source material?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]