FORUMS: list search recent posts

Proper method for adding .mov animations

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Horn
Proper method for adding .mov animations
on Oct 23, 2016 at 11:31:15 pm

I am having problems with the alpha channel using .mov and .mp4 animated lower thirds. None of the alpha channel settings give an acceptable output. Either the colors are off, too transparent, or the background are lost (goes black). What could the problem be? Seems like a masking issue, but there are no problems with .PNGs or .TGAs. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Proper method for adding .mov animations
on Oct 24, 2016 at 11:32:59 am

Vegas handles alpha channel files with its settings very well, so the problem you are having is coming from
those alpha channel files themselves..... Where did you source them from or what were they created with etc?

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Ed Horn
Re: Proper method for adding .mov animations
on Dec 4, 2016 at 10:39:16 pm

Problems with .mov alpha channel solution found. Based on what you have told me, I went back to find the .mov were made in Motion and some in Final Cut Pro. I learned a little of Final Cut pro, but that only provd the .movs worked fine for them. But to be sure, I went to Digital Juice and had some lower thirds exported in .mov as well. They do the same thing. Lots of bleed and flare around the edges, or no alpha at all. I had to get creative and transcode the animations to make them work. After racking my brain and several hours searching, I came up with the solution from a article on Digital Juice's legacy FAQ's. One must go into the Vegas media bin and right click on the media. Select properties, then go down to the "Alpha Channel " pull down. It must be changed to "straight" (unmatted). Now it works fine. Thank you for being there to help, I hope this may help someone as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]