FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Manager Crashing in Vegas Pro 13

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Prisby
Media Manager Crashing in Vegas Pro 13
on Oct 22, 2016 at 11:27:48 pm
Last Edited By Jim Prisby on Oct 22, 2016 at 11:37:31 pm

I have been using Media Manager in several versions of Vegas Pro now including Vegas 13 and really find it a great time saver. I have a hard drive full of audio files and video FX that are set up in Media Manager enabling me to easily view them in there and drag them onto my timeline. However, Media Manager is now crashing every time I try to add it to Vegas 13 by way of the view menu. I recently upgraded form Windows 7 to Windows 10 and found that I had to uninstall and reinstall Vegas 13 to stop it from crashing. It's working fine now but now Media Manager is crashing. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it still crashes. I do have it enabled in preferences. Below is the error that appears. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Sony Vegas Pro 13 / DVD Architect Pro
Boris Continuum Complete 9.0
Intel 2.67GHz Core2 Quad CPU.
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GForce GTX 570 superclocked
Windows 10 64bit

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Media Manager Crashing in Vegas Pro 13
on Oct 23, 2016 at 4:07:29 am

[Jim Prisby] "I would appreciate any help you can give me."
Oh dear..... it's got to be about 10 years ago when I first got issues with MM, and that was with ACID Pro. I spent much much time with the Madison support people trying to nail the issues - I won't go into the whole mess, but I was eventually thanked for by Madison, was both my patience and fortitude as the issues were focused on that SyncFusion item. And when I read that line in your error message, I felt a cold hand of history grab at me. Halloween is around the corner? Right?

OK, I haven't UG to Win10, and I have MM running, but I'm guessing that possibly that the UG process has done something to the SyncFusion operation has gone messy. Solution? See if you can get an MM update that would improve or better yet, eradicate the issues. BTW what is the version of MM are you using? Maybe somebody here, or on the Main MAGIX VP Forum who has UG to W10 and is using MM can tell you what MM is working for them.

What you should take heart from this is that MM was working under W7 and now after W10 UG it's gone South. That could point to a solution.

SyncFusion? ..... ugh.....

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Jim Prisby
on Oct 23, 2016 at 2:34:47 pm

Thanks for your response. Sorry to hear you had such a bad history with MM. I don't use Acid Pro and have not had any issues with MM thru several Vegas versions. On the contrary, I've come to love it. As I mentioned, I have a huge collection of audio and video files on a hard drive and they are all tagged in MM. So simple to open MM in Vegas and single click on a file. It plays in the editor window, then just drag the file from MM to the timeline. Of course it takes some time to set up folders and tag every file initially but then you save it as a library file that can be imported into future upgrades.

I have already been working with the latest download of MM...Ver 2.4 from Magix online. But it's been Ver. 2.4 for several years. I hate to think that I may have to give it up if it is a Windows 10 issue.

8 GB RAM
Windows 10 64bit

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Oct 23, 2016 at 12:51:02 pm

Added to all that Graham had pointed out to you..... Windows 10 is the true culprit there.
Unfortunately i personally never invested in using the Media Manager, it has never been a time saver for me.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Jim Prisby
on Oct 23, 2016 at 2:35:43 pm

Thanks for your response, Steve.

8 GB RAM
Windows 10 64bit

Return to posts index

Jim Prisby
on Oct 27, 2016 at 4:29:24 am

I have found others that have had this problem with Windows 10 on the Vegas Forum so it is true that Media Manager no longer works. But according to some of the responders Magix has been notified about the issue and they have acknowledged it.

8 GB RAM
Windows 10 64bit

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Oct 27, 2016 at 5:09:55 am

[Jim Prisby] "Magix has been notified about the issue and they have acknowledged it."
I need to note a "change" in MAGIX's general responses to development and rectification, there it will stay. I don't see an overhaul of MM happening anytime soon for Win10. Pity.

I'm now using Vegas Explorer for 90% of the time. Pity x2.....

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX50HS Bridge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]