FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making a split on an event (type 's') - Using the keyboard commands only (no mouse) - made a little video

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Enrique Mahecha
Making a split on an event (type 's') - Using the keyboard commands only (no mouse) - made a little video
on Oct 20, 2016 at 7:16:00 pm

Hello friends.

I had no choice but to make a TY video. Too many things to explain. I am a beginner to VP 12 & 14 for all practical purposes. I am learning a lot but there certain things or situations where only a video can explain it. This case is particularly annoying because I know the answer must be easy but I could not find anything on it.

By the way Windows 10 latest upgrades are driving me crazy... it kills my house (wireless Logitech). Just in the middle of posting this, I had to reboot my PC. Luckily mouse is moving again. Just wondering in anyone out there is having the same problem?

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
Re: Making a split on an event (type 's') - Using the keyboard commands only (no mouse) - made a little video
on Oct 21, 2016 at 5:28:40 am

Stumped so far. I can't get the focus to shift so "s" for split will work properly without a mouse.

Return to posts index

Enrique Mahecha
Re: Making a split on an event (type 's') - Using the keyboard commands only (no mouse) - made a little video
on Oct 21, 2016 at 12:41:50 pm

Thank you Paul for taking the time.

Apparently, the solution is not that easy after all because you are the only one who has responded! ?

I will be asking many more questions.

Bye

Return to posts index

Paul Berk
on Oct 21, 2016 at 10:34:18 pm

Here's a work around that might help in some situations when doing 10 key editing with no mouse.

Try Select All (Ctrl A) then Ctrl Shift A to unselect all. Then Split (S) ..

Return to posts index

Mark Barton
on Oct 21, 2016 at 2:48:57 pm
Last Edited By Mark Barton on Oct 21, 2016 at 3:06:26 pm

Try Alt-0 to focus on the timeline and then Ctrl-A to select all events and Ctrl-Shift-A to unselect them. Now it allows you to split with the S key and you don't need to select the track in that case.

Return to posts index

Enrique Mahecha
on Oct 21, 2016 at 11:02:08 pm

Thank you Mark,

Yes, it works as you describe it. But of course it does seem a little strange doing it that way. One might as well use the mouse for this instance. I tried a lot of combinations thinking that there would be something simple to do the same thing.... but I have not been able to find it.

It just seems like a "PRO" program like this one should have something just to bring you back, from anywhere to the last track you made your last split and apply whatever new editing action there, quickly and with no fuss. Unless you specifically change the focus to another track or something like that.

Thx.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]