FORUMS: list search recent posts

I can't locate the captions on this DVD - trying to burn them into a copy on either Vegas Pro 13 or Handbrake

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda Duffield
I can't locate the captions on this DVD - trying to burn them into a copy on either Vegas Pro 13 or Handbrake
on Oct 20, 2016 at 7:42:02 am
Last Edited By Amanda Duffield on Oct 20, 2016 at 7:42:39 am

I have a DVD which I have permission to copy from the copyright owners (they don't want to make the 30 copies I need for schools so they've given me permission to make the copies).

They do have some form of protection on their original so I can't choose 'copy DVD' because it rejects it.

When I look at the video ts folder, it has:

VIDEO_TS (ifo)
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VTS_01_0 (vob)

as the first 3 files, and then each episode has

VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0 (IFO)
VTS_01_1 (VOB)
etc.....

I want to recreate the disc, either as separate mp4's with burned in captions, or as a DVD with a menu and burned in captions - I don't mind either way.

I'm trying to use handbrake at the moment but could use that or Vegas Pro 13 - whichever one will work.

If i use handbrake and choose 'add new track' or 'add all remaining tracks' it brings in subtitles with the name 'unknown (vobsub)'. I choose burn in. When the episode is burned, the captions don't show up, not burned-in nor 'on if available'. I feel like handbrake can't find them.

I'm accustomed to choosing srt's so I'm not really sure about vobsubs.

Can someone please advise the quickest way to do this? There are two DVD's with 8 x 30 min episodes each. They need to end up with option captions, either as individual episodes or as a DVD with menu, either way, as long as the captions are burned-in.

Yes, the captions exist. I can turn them on when I watch the DVD, however if this helps at all - WMP sees them as 'English (United States' track and VLC sees them as 'Track 2' (NOT 'Track 1 - English').

Thank you,
Amanda.

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
Re: I can't locate the captions on this DVD - trying to burn them into a copy on either Vegas Pro 13 or Handbrake
on Oct 21, 2016 at 1:39:11 pm

You need to get it out of the DVD format. I use a popular consumer DVD Ripper Pro to make the DVD into an MP4 which Vegas handles quite easily. I do not know what the program would do with Closed Captions.

I can't tell you what program is used because the last time I posted the program name on The Cow, I was temporarily banned from the forums.

If I need to transcribe captions, I just let YouTube do it for me. It's been about 90-90% accurate and certainly a lot faster than me listening to a few seconds then typing it in.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]