FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vegas Upgrade offers, cost

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tvmaster
Vegas Upgrade offers, cost
on Oct 19, 2016 at 4:53:50 pm

Regarding the $199 upgrade offers that have surfaced over the last few months for older versions of Vegas, does everyone think that's a fair price? I seem to remember it being between $99 to $150 when Sony were the owners.
Opinions please :)

Return to posts index

David Shirey
Re: Vegas Upgrade offers, cost
on Oct 19, 2016 at 9:42:51 pm

I would download the trial and play with it for a week on your system. If it doesn't crash like crazy and you have a use for the new features it comes with like Mercalli then sure, it's a fair price. If you've got Vegas 13 and it runs well, and the new features don't interest you and/or 14 crashes often enough to make it functionally useless like it did for me, then no, don't spend the $200.

Return to posts index

tvmaster
on Oct 20, 2016 at 3:31:06 am

Ok, thanks. I have been reading lots of crash entries here to be sure.

Return to posts index

James Ollick
on Oct 20, 2016 at 2:15:35 pm

I have experienced a couple of program crashes with Vegas 14 Pro but only when trying to apply certain 3rd party plugin's. I upgraded to VEGAS Pro Suite for the included plugins that are worth it to me, saving quite a bit of cash. I believe they will correct the issues that cause the crashes over time and felt the money was well spent as who knows if they will give this offer again.

James Ollick

Return to posts index

Enrique Mahecha
on Oct 20, 2016 at 9:52:18 pm

My two cents.

My first VP was 12. I paid $240 about two years ago. I to 14 for $350.00! yes... I wonder about me sometimes. I had many crashes the first time I opened it. At least 4 in the first hour!... a little box would open and say "xx has malfuntioned... bla bla... "clicked to send data, and something else. Then yesterday I tried playing with NewBlueFX for the first time and others to make tittles... again like 2 crashes at least, just opening the FX modules.

I don't know if this actually Vegas's fault or it could be that Windows 10 is helping to screw things up... I've been having Windows 10 issues since anniversary update about a month ago. My mouse freezes and I have to plug & unplug the usb transmitter to make it work again. Iike 10 times today. Had to reboot my system too.... oh well

Return to posts index

Enrique Mahecha
on Oct 21, 2016 at 2:53:27 pm

Just to clarify a point, the $350 upgrade was for the Suite version.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]